Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
This is what government lockdowns and fear mongering pushes people to. Some folks crack under the pressure and find a way out of the rat race

Registered
What did Jimmy say? I 'll see you in the next world and don't be late ,
we had a thing like that happen in Ft Lauderdale a couple of years ago, some kids went shooting with an Uncle and one of the Kids Shot himself in the head when it was his turn to shoot, Sad really sad, he was a Troubled youth they said later , still very sad ,

Super Moderator
What did Jimmy say? I 'll see you in the next world and don't be late ,
we had a thing like that happen in Ft Lauderdale a couple of years ago, some kids went shooting with an Uncle and one of the Kids Shot himself in the head when it was his turn to shoot, Sad really sad, he was a Troubled youth they said later , still very sad ,
and his last act was to put that on his uncle.

Super Moderator
Restrictions on gun rentals won't prevent suicides, I had a close friend who was suicidal so He gave all of His guns to His Brothers.
They were keeping a close eye on Him but when He was left alone for 10 minutes He hung Himself.
Where there's a will there's a way.
When the Left points to all of the deaths by handguns they won't say that a large percentage of them (60%) are suicides. These folks will find other means.

Registered
In my past experience I couldn't rent a gun at a range unless I had brought one with me. The range person said it was to prevent just this kind of occurrence.
It's probably a pretty good policy. We had a very similar kind of incident at a range in our city within the last few years: A man rented a gun, then shot and killed himself while on the range. Thankfully no others were hurt in this tragedy, but I would imagine the range officer on duty suffered some psychological and spiritual trauma. I rarely have a desire to rent guns while at a range, and never have, but it is a good opportunity for people to try out a certain type of gun before buying one. As others have rightfully said, suicidal folks (who I genuinely feel for) will find other ways to end their lives. Countries with the highest rates of suicide in the world mostly have very restrictive gun laws, meaning that they are killing themselves some other way. Still, many condolences to the loved ones of those lost.

Registered
Being required to bring a firearm with you o be able to rent a firearm kind of defeats the purpose of say a newbie wanting to try out which weapon they like best before buying one, or someone helping a newbie to find what works for them but not having a large selection for the newbie to look at / try.
I have seen quite a few Suicides and witnessed a couple three.
there is usually no talking them down even by a so called professional, If they are truly set on taking their life and not just crying out for notice then its pretty much a done deal.

Premium Member
What's next, new rules at the hardware store saying you can't buy a rope unless you bring a rope? More people commit suicide at McDonald's than at shooting ranges. They just do it one burger at a time.

Registered
Look for more restrictions when you go shooting. In my past experience I couldn't rent a gun at a range unless I had brought one with me. The range person said it was to prevent just this kind of occurrence.

Some ranges have a worse policy than that. Shoot Point blank locations in my area have a policy that if you are using their range for the first time you can't rent a gun, you have to actually use your own gun at their range session first before you can rent one, not just bring it with you.

Banned
Jesus. What is wrong with people.........

I'll never understand what could be so bad as to make one take one's life, let alone take another one with you ina a "pact".
Think about that though. How bad must a human be suffering that this is an acceptable option? I've known a couple of people that have committed suicide, and people called them "selfish." No, you are the one that is selfish if you did not reach out and do everything you could to help this person if and when you knew they were struggling. :( We don't have a gun problem in this country; we have a mental health problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts