Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some errands to run today so I strapped my PT140 in my normal MOB carry, I strapped my S&W BG380 in my ankle holster and put my Walther P22 in my front pocket of my Parka. Why?...Because I can. God Bless America!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
And...like a good Boy Scout...to "Be Prepared"!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Kind of made me recall a post I had on another forum, as to do you carry a BUG (back up gun). The answers I received started to scare me more than the thought of not carrying a CCW at all. There maybe a find line between cautious and paranoid, but way too many replies fell into what most gun loving people would call paranoid. And a few into the just plain nuts catagory.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Nothing wrong with being prepared, but by the same token nothing wrong with being rational either. I consider myself as a person who prepares rationally.

·
Registered
236 Posts
PT145 or OSS45 in CBST strong side at 3:30, a Keltec P32 in weakside rear pocket, knife clipped in strong side front pocket, and a small pocket flashlight in weak side front pocket (fills out a fist nicely, works as a hard blunt persuation instrument, oh and it throws out a good light beam too), everyday while dressed for and working in a professional office environment. No one has ever noticed or said a thing. I have a lot of options all totally concealed and carried very comfortably.

I don't consider myself paranoid at all, just prepared. Now my brother and his wife, who fall into the politically correct sheeple catagory, consider me a paranoid fanatic just because I still work out and practice self-defense techniques. They would freak if they knew that I am always armed (even at family events). I got into trouble this past Christmas with them because I taught their daughter (9 y.o.) how to defend herself against her older brothers (11 & 13 y.o.). Both brothers came upstairs litterally crying and complained to mommy that their sister hurt them. She came upstairs beaming with pride, and I got scolded for teaching their daughter that it is ok to use violence. Appearently the boys aggressive behavior toward their sister is ok (and "normal"), but its not ok for her to know how to quickly and decisively put an end to their behavior.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Today is my day off. I am strapped up with my M327 own strong side with two speed strips, and a tcp front pocket with an extra mag. Then my OSS 9 and Bersa 22 in the range bag. Going to blow some dust out of them today. If I go on a road trip, I will usually carry the 327, and I keep my PT145 with 2 ten round mags and 2 twelve round mags in a small fanny pack. Sometimes will even through the Bersa 22 in the car for the wife.

But usually its my new tcp or 327 with a reload or two.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If I had a BUG I would carry it.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
"Because I can..." I use that answer alot! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Usually its a PT111 IWB and an 856 on my ankle. I'm having a bit of an issue with concealment and feeling comfortable at work with the 111 so I always have the 856 on my ankle though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I usually CC my PT99, sometimes I'll CC the Sig... But never both together.

As of late, however, I usually have my KSG beside my seat while driving. Virginia State Police seem to think that's overkill (got pulled over for exhaust, informed the trooper that I was armed, he asked me to step out, he saw the KSG... And hilarity ensued.).

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
The other day I left the house with my 12 ga shotgun with #8 field loads, my Heritage sa .22 mag w/cci bird shot,
my k-38 w/cci bird shot and my marlin .22 with .22 lr. My wife said where in the hell you going? Gonna start a war?
I replied; yup on them squirrels that moved into our barn....

Hunter.gif

Reactions: ozzy

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carry two on ocassion, but never have carried three. Unless that rifle laying on the back seat counts.
When I took my CCW class the instructor walked in the room and pulled 7-9 various revolvers and pistols from his t-shirt covered body, could have been more I just don't remember, and no ankle or shoulder holsters were involved.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Most people don't drive without a spare tire even though they may never need it, so why not carry a spare gun?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Always have one but usually two but never more then three or four on me. I have had three on me but never four thats getting to be a little to much weight to carry I have enough of my own.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Most people don't drive without a spare tire even though they may never need it, so why not carry a spare gun?
I carry the spare tire to it's a bit smaller as of late but still there that darn middle age spread anyway.:D

Reactions: btleslie

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Unless you're like this. I think you're OK. :D

I know this has been around, but couldn't resist.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I usually only carry one on my person, most places. Depending on the weather. I carry a S&W642 during warm weather (no cover garment) and a CZ75D PCR when I do have a cover garment. I may add my Taurus 3-inch 327 to the mix, once I pick it up and test it out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
As of six month's ago my EDC consist"s of a G29. in a don hume IWB holster with a 12+1 mag,,, and I carry a G20 mag as a spare,
plus a S&W 442 in front pocket,, a Sog vulcan in my right rear pocket and a surefire light in left front pocket...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts