Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the '90s, Magnum Research produced a .22LR pistol called the Mountain Eagle. I always thought it looked pretty neat, but never bought one. Do any of you guys own or have experience with one? They come up on Gunbroker from time to time at fair prices, so I am thinking I might like to have one....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow man
Looks exactly like a ramline exactor I had one back in the early 90's with a 6" barrel good enough shooter never had a prob with ammo but the mags sucked all plastic 15 or 20 rds with weak plastic feed lips that broke after about a hundred rds, luckily got them replaced under warranty with 20 rds mags didn't load any more than 15. I rearly had to strip it down the bolt was easy to remove in clean sorry can't help u there but here's a web page for the manual mite help u a bit good luck!.
http://docs.docstoc.com/pdf/2566215/5803c768-66af-4fac-8a09-db68854e8a15.pdf
http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/4248121259/8123498/386e2cc67e7f4511891dd8fa065afa04.jpg

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy, sorry to hear about the mag issue! BTW, if I remember correctly, I do believe that Ramline actually made the Mountain Eagle frame for MRI. Thanks much for the info was well! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW Rippid, as I thought about it I remembered that the 1st gen Ramline pistol was a bit different grip-wise than latter versions. It looks to me like they started using the MRI style grip on your edition, because IMO, the original Ramline grip doesn't look that comfortable....

·
Registered
39 Posts
True that is I had a choice between a early and the later the early ones grip felt awful so I took the later model filled my hand nicely.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I find that gun rather ugly. It looks like the bastard child of a Glock and an Automag.

·
Registered
39 Posts
True that too but I looked at it like next gen ruger mark v and thought that was awesome !! I couldn't fault it for function or accuracy just the mags suxed was going to mod a ruger mag to fit in side the 20 rd but never got around to it mehh

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
What Buck Rogers would carry was the Whitney Wolverine.

Our neighbor, who shoots with us, owns a Mountain Eagle .22. Desert Eagle bought the rights from Ramline, and modified the grip, possibly to differentiate it from the original. His is a nive shooter, but nowhere near as easy to use as my Ruger 22/45, or his BuckMark.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What Buck Rogers would carry was the Whitney Wolverine.

Our neighbor, who shoots with us, owns a Mountain Eagle .22. Desert Eagle bought the rights from Ramline, and modified the grip, possibly to differentiate it from the original. His is a nive shooter, but nowhere near as easy to use as my Ruger 22/45, or his BuckMark.
LOL! I was thinking about the Wolverine too. I sure would like to try shooting one someday!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The original Wolverines used an Alcoa aluminum frame. They are currently being made by Olympic Arms. These have a polymer frame, and are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn that's fugly !! Hope u got a brown paper bag for it when out in public ewwww!!

Now I am full of sadness.... :( I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I actually like the looks of the Neos. But then I am told that I started watching Star Trek before I could even walk! :D BTW, It shoots and handles fantastically too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts