Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. 608 with the 3" barrel stopped by for breakfast. Should he stay, or should he go?

Here's my 608, with the 3" barrel. He stopped by for breakfast and I cannot decide: Should he stay, or should he go?

It really took me forever to find this revolver, with this barrel length, with no internal lock. Perfect, right?
It shoots 357's with all the recoil of a 32 special, and 38 +p's feel almost like .22's. It soaks up recoil like a pancake soaking up vermont maple syrup. The trigger is smooth as melted butter on teflon in double action, and single action is crisp like morning toast.

It is in all respects an awesome revolver. I love it, but I just don't know if I should keep it because my Taurus 617 is also an awesome revolver - and the Taurus 617 does *almost* everything this can do, but is smaller, more concealable, just as easy to shoot - and fits my hand MUCH better. Maybe I need to try to find a new grip for the 608??

Maybe I need to stick it in a drawer or in my safe for awhile, pull it out and see if it still feels way to big.

1.jpg

Parking the 608 next to the Taurus 617, side by side, the 608 looks like it could eat the 617 for breakfast.

3.jpg
4.jpg

What do you think? Do I keep it? Or send it down the line to someone who has a bigger set of breakfast oven mitts?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Send it to me. I'll evaluate it for a few years and get back to you!

Reactions: jakerson9

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Here's my 608, with the 3" barrel. He stopped by for breakfast and I cannot decide: Should he stay, or should he go?

It really took me forever to find this revolver, with this barrel length, with no internal lock. Perfect, right?
It shoots 357's with all the recoil of a 32 special, and 38 +p's feel almost like .22's. It soaks up recoil like a pancake soaking up vermont maple syrup. The trigger is smooth as melted butter on teflon in double action, and single action is crisp like morning toast.

It is in all respects an awesome revolver. I love it, but I just don't know if I should keep it because my Taurus 617 is also an awesome revolver - and the Taurus 617 does *almost* everything this can do, but is smaller, more concealable, just as easy to shoot - and fits my hand MUCH better. Maybe I need to try to find a new grip for the 608??

Maybe I need to stick it in a drawer or in my safe for awhile, pull it out and see if it still feels way to big.
What do you think? Do I keep it? Or send it down the line to someone who has a bigger set of breakfast oven mitts?
With a description like that, I am guessing you have already made up your mind! If it took that much work to find, and is all
you describe it to be, I would definitely hold on to it. At least until you have made a few good range trips and are absolutely
sure that it's not a good fit for you. :)

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
No such thing as too big of a revolver - unless you are talking like 454! hee-hee! I vote keep that baby! Trust me - you'll be sorry down the line if you sell it! You don't have to shoot it each time you go to the range, but then again, that's a great way to get a thrill! If you are feeling the least bit unsure - that means, don't sell!:)

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
L I B :shocked:I never knew Taurus made a 3" fixed sighted M-608!

:r_c: I would difinitely KEEP IT!

Just find a set of grips your hand likes and keep on trucking...:icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala:

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I like how you keep comparing the gun to food. You're making me hungry.

·
32,628 Posts
Fine looking gun/s. :)

Make sure you keep them fed properly, and keep them satisfied. That would go for you as well. :) Range trips and plenty of ammo will see to that.

·
Registered
913 Posts
And the cylinder is as fat as a choice rasher of bacon!

(just got to shoot my new 608 last night...I am an impartial judge. I love that thing).

·
Registered
24,763 Posts
I don't get rid of guns. GET IT?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Should he stay, or should he go?

When you ask a serious question, I'll be happy to answer! :D:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could carry your judge in a cankle-holster or thankle-holster if you had some big meaty cankles or thankles. :)

Hey what's wrong with CCing a 454 Judge!? Just need a stiffer belt to hold it up! :D
oh yeah - I know this is gonna ruin the post in so many ways, but in case someone wonders out loud "Whats a thankle?" -
Thankles are LIKE Cankles, except with Thankles, the thigh extends all the way down, straight shot, to the foot.

Reactions: Snakeytoo and Sekol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha! I love reading the previous comments. Congrats on finding that 608! She does look purdy! (But if you eventually do want to get rid of it I'm sure you'll have a swarm of piranhas after you trying to get their hands on it, me included!)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Both the 617 & 608 are good revolvers. They were just designed for two different roles; the 617 is a big CC snubbie while the 608 is an open holster/range/bedside gun. Those 608s are just a big, nice-shooting revolver regardless of the barrel length.

I own both (hammerless 617 and 608 4") and unless you need the money I see no reason to sell one or the other. But then I also own a M66 12" LBR, so you can see I "need" all these different sizes!?! Actually, I just like .357 revolvers that hold more than 6 rounds.

JMHO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts