Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information on modifying the Magazines or possibly trading them for some 10rd ones. I have a 15rd PT 24/7 magazine and 2 12rd PT111 G2 magazines. Has anyone modified the mags to only take 10 or does anybody have any they can trade? I have been looking online and it seems like its pretty dry one them or they are around $50 which is crazy.

Thanks.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Is the PT24/7 G1 or G2? I have a couple of 10rd. G1 .40 I could swap for your 15's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the PT24/7 G1 or G2? I have a couple of 10rd. G1 .40 I could swap for your 15's.

Its is the G2. one im not sure If those would still work?
It is technically legal you just have to permanently modify them per California law.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I know very little about Kalifornia state laws but seems that you must have the magazines changed to limited capacity by registered/ certified shops that can do this in the state?
best bet is to call the attorney generals office in Kalifornia.
when Bernie gets elected all the laws will be the same so it won't be as confusing on evil guns.

Reactions: BMC

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Sorry,the G1 will not work in G2.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
You picked the wrong State to move to, you can't take those guns into Kommiefornistan because they would have to be registered and they are not on the approved handgun list.
Sell them and then try to buy something when you get there.
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys kinda ha. You can take guns to Commiefornia if you own them but you cannot buy them from a dealer if they are not on the roster. Was really just looking for the 10rd mags if anyone wanted to trade. Its good though got a job offer I couldn't refuse we will see what happens with this election too. You can also sell guns not on the roster in Cali to another Private Party for a good markup too so I might go that route.

Also thanks Wino it was worth a shot I will hangout on the Taurus waiting list for now then.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Thanks guys kinda ha. You can take guns to Commiefornia if you own them but you cannot buy them from a dealer if they are not on the roster. Was really just looking for the 10rd mags if anyone wanted to trade. Its good though got a job offer I couldn't refuse we will see what happens with this election too. You can also sell guns not on the roster in Cali to another Private Party for a good markup too so I might go that route.

Also thanks Wino it was worth a shot I will hangout on the Taurus waiting list for now then.
Most people do not understand that part. As long as they are not specifically banned you can bring them with you.

As far as limiting your existing magazines to 10 rounds I am not sure but it is worth asking.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
So are your guns California legal?

1. I am moving into California and I own several firearms. What are the new-resident registration requirements?
    • You are considered a personal firearm importer as defined by California law. You may bring all of your California-legal firearms with you, but you must report them all to the California Department of Justice within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Firearm Ownership Report (BOF 4010A), pdf. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machine guns, or assault weapons into California.

(Pen. code, §§ 17000, subd. (a), 27560.)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My only advice would be DON'T DO IT! Moving from a gun friendly state like MO to Commifornia would be about the last thing I'd do.
But that's just me.

If you are intent on making this move, try seeing if you can find someone on Gunbroker selling the magazines you want.
I'd about bet anyone not living somewhere that prohibits them from owning the normal magazines would gladly trade their 10 rounders for yours.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Welcome to California
WHOOOOA!!!
thought I had just woke up from a nightmare and I was in Kalifornia!!
don't scare an old man like that!!---------------:ahhhhh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So are your guns California legal?

1. I am moving into California and I own several firearms. What are the new-resident registration requirements?
    • You are considered a personal firearm importer as defined by California law. You may bring all of your California-legal firearms with you, but you must report them all to the California Department of Justice within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Firearm Ownership Report (BOF 4010A), pdf. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machine guns, or assault weapons into California.

(Pen. code, §§ 17000, subd. (a), 27560.)
Yeah everything is good except for the magazines I left my ARs and AKs back in Missouri. So I didnt have to register them in Cali but Im just looking for the magazines now and I have 90 days to send the form into the ATF with a list on my firearms.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts