Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew, that wasn't so bad. Our kid has been living in an apartment that wasn't what we'd hoped it would be for the last year. Crime rates seemed to erupt about 3 months into the lease. So we helped search for a new place that will hopefully be less a problem, unfortunately someone was mugged in the parking lot of the new place the week before the move in! :mad: There is no safe place, and it gave us a chance to revisit safety and alarm the place up, install bars on glass doors/windows, etc, protective dog with big teeth. One thing I have learned, always rent a truck, even if moving only a few miles, it's worth every penny.

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
There seems to be no safe place.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
88 - glad you've got your kid well situated now. Indeed, it is a scary world out there best seen with our eyes fully open! Now, about your​ new house....any luck yet?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
One thing I have learned, always rent a truck, even if moving only a few miles, it's worth every penny.

Moving is trhe best way to find out how much junk you have.

Hope it all works out for him.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
88 - glad you've got your kid well situated now. Indeed, it is a scary world out there best seen with our eyes fully open! Now, about your​ new house....any luck yet?
No. It seems to be a lost cause for now. Anything we've seen has been a serious downgrade from what we have now. Our own house has been assessed by a realtor and we'll probably make a good deal of money on it, but there's nothing out there to buy. Can't really put our house on the market because it'll sell fast, but there'd be nowhere to go. But, we had a heart to heart sit down with our neighbors, and something has changed, we're not getting smoked out all the time any more. It's unfortunate we had to get cranky for them to take us seriously. Hopefully something interesting will come along, otherwise we'll just have to stay.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
my BIL would offer to pay $50. towards the truck rental and buy the pizzas after the move if only he didn't have to help...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts