Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I watched it last week. It makes you take a long look at your priorities and want to be a better father. I would recommend it also.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Never heard of it before, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Great movie. Makes you examine your values.

·
Administrator
35,110 Posts
Saw it in the theater with my men's group, then again last weekend when i bought the DVD. At Walmart, they had the regular DVD packaged in with the Blue Ray, so it was a pretty good deal for $20.

Reactions: CNCSC

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I saw it on the big screen in San Antonio when it came out. It is another in a line of fine family oriented films produced by a Baptist church in Georgia. As I recall these are the previous films:

Flywheel: Story of a rip-off used car dealer who sees the light and how he responds to a problem he has with his conscience.

Facing the Giants: Story of a football coach whose life is going sour and how he turns it around.

Fireproof: Story of a firefighter who has let the job become the focus of his life and how he regains his marriage and perspective.

Courageous: Story of a cop who discovers what it means to be a man and a leader.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great movie, saw it a few nights back. "and who will protect my family, I will!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks to the OP for the tip.

I had not previously heard of the movie.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suscribe to thier FB page and found this post today:

First Baptist Orlando purchased 2,000 Courageous DVDs in order to give one to every law enforcement officer in their community. Senior Pastor David Uth shares the heart behind this incredible gift:
“We wanted a way to personally show every officer and their family that we love and appreciate what they give to us, by giving them a fun and entertaining movie with a message that will encourage and inspire them to always be courageous.”

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Definitely a very good film-as was "September Baby", "Fireproof" and Fly Wheel"- all by the same folks. In every one of those movies I either know one of the actors or know of them.
In the movie "Courageous" the pastor that counsels the cop who lost his daughter (Ed Liton) is the pastor of North Mobile Baptist church- and he lost his wife and daughter in a car accident just a few years ago.
These movies have a very profound message to them. They are tough- but get the point across.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
By the way- this film only played in Mississippi and Alabama- possibly one other state. To see it you must have the dvd.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way- this film only played in Mississippi and Alabama- possibly one other state. To see it you must have the dvd.
I know it opened in SC and Georgia. Best information I could find was that it opened in only 1,161 theaters, which is less than half the number of theaters most movies are shown in. I also saw it did open in one theater in Manhattan. That is all academic anyway now as it has been released to DVD.

·
Administrator
35,110 Posts

The movie was here in Texas, I went and saw it.

Soulsurfer was the big one before Courageous, and it did well too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Saw it last week of DVD. Excellent movie. Watch the specials, there is a great testimony from the man who played the teacher in "Facing the Giants", who consulled Coach Taylor about the farmers preparing their fields for rain. His daughter is also in this testimony. Speaks to the power of God to save any man.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My wife and I went to see Courageous here in Texas on the big screen at the Silverado theater at Bandera RD and 1604. It only played one or two days and we made sure we had tickets. Turn out was sparse as no one had heard of this movie outside the Christian community at that time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts