Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if there's any consensus at all on what are the best micro pistols. The local Sportsman's Warehouse has a .22 revolver built into a folding knife case.

JimL

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Try perusing the NAA website listed below. They probably have the largest selection of minis. My wife is getting the NAA Black Widow 22 mag.
http://www.naaminis.com/

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I love my mini, I bought it for jogging because I didn't want the hassle of carrying a full sized pistol, now the thing goes with me pretty much everywhere.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
Try perusing the NAA website listed below. They probably have the largest selection of minis. My wife is getting the NAA Black Widow 22 mag.
http://www.naaminis.com/
Thanks. I've never having any experience with 22 magnums and had to look it up in Wikipedia to find the specs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_WMR

That looks like a very impressive cartridge. Especially the 1.35 inch bullet diameter!

I like the looks of the new Pug, heavy barrel. Odd that they would post note saying it would only be available for a short time.

JimL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ace said:
I love my mini, I bought it for jogging because I didn't want the hassle of carrying a full sized pistol, now the thing goes with me pretty much everywhere.
Is that an auto or a revolver?

JimL

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It's the revolver in .22 lr the smallest they make. It tucks in just about anywhere, the only drawback if you can call it that is the clynder doesn't swing out to reload, you have to pull the center pin out to reload it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I looked at those NAA guns many times. I guess for a hide out gun, or such they might be OK. Just too darn small to suit me.

I was looking for something to fire the 22LR/22M, and finally decided to look at the Heritage line. The smallest they make has a 3.5 inch barrel, single action, but you do not have to pull the cylinder to load. You can however, pull it to change from 22LR to 22M. I wanted a double action, but I could buy a 357 cheaper than the 22 anywhere I looked. So I bought a 4.75" model, that shoots both cartridges. I have yet to fire it, so the jury is out yet. It might have been a mistake, but a lot cheaper than 50 cents a shot for my 45 Colt. I want to be able to practice without going broke. Retirement can be a real, Hmmmm!!. (keeping it PG13 on retirement)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robby said:
I looked at those NAA guns many times. I guess for a hide out gun, or such they might be OK. Just too darn small to suit me.
I don't know if you mean they're too small as your main carry (I'd agree) or too small to be a good BUG.

I look at mouse guns. I see a .380 among them, then I see that it's as big as some .38, then I remember that a .38 is no smaller than a .357, then I think about 9mm, then, just before I think too much about .40 or .45 I start all over again looking at minis... ARGH!

JimL

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
.22 mag don't have much on LR out of a 1" NAA barrel other than noise. I've had NAA .22 mini in a "holster grip" (flips out and locks for firing) for over 20 years now.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I got one with the standard grips and decided to get the flip out gun grips. It's the smallest pistol I own and for most situations it works for me. For jogging, it goes into my front pocket of a sweatshirt I have my ID and CWP with a housekey in a pouch around my neck and it looks like normal. I can place it in my jeans pocket with the clip and it looks like I got a Spyderco knife, not a gun, or in my coat pocket you can't tell. I don't have to worry about unbuttoning my shirt and inadvertinetly exposing myself like I do with normal carry. So for me it works. That said if I ever have to use the thing the situation would have to be preatty bad and in my face.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Mouse guns - .22

Given a choice, would you get a Beretta Bobcat or a Taurus model 22? Apparently the Beretta is DA/SA and the Taurus is DAO.

JimL

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I've handled the taurus and I like the setup but I never fired one, it's not as concealable as the mini revolver but it has more carrying capacity. But for pointability it's great and the barrel tip-up option is top notch. It's good for a coat pocket but sticks out like a sore thumb in jeans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought this Black Widow a couple of years ago and I really like it. I did get rid of the stock grips though, too big to easily conceal. I got a set of the rubber birds eye grips and shaved them down as thin as I could.

It is surprisingly accurate and with some hot 22 mag rounds, I wouldn't doubt that it can be effective.

New

Modifed with a sample shot group

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have big hammy hands and these little guns are hard to hold on to. A PT22 is not too much bigger and loaded with CCI Stingers has a bit more punch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts