Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted an inexpensive scope on a Marlin Model 60? I tried a Tasco scope for just a few dollars and tried to mount it. I could never get it adjusted. It always shot very low. 6-8 inches at 10 yards.
I wondered if the rings were the wrong kind for the rifle mount. It would make sense that it shot low. The point of aim for the scope was way above the iron sites.

Does anyone have scope rings or scope they would recommend. I don't need a high power scope. I am really just trying to make up for bad eyesight.

·
Premium Member
10,974 Posts
You're never going to get a scope sighted properly at 10 yards. For a 22 most any brand should do a good job. but the mounts are key. Make sure that the rings are specifically made for a 22 dovetail mount and you shouldn't have a problem. A 4 to 6 power scope should be used at a minimum of 25 yards, but can also help you reach out to 100 yards fairly accurately. I've never tried to mount a scope on the Marlin 60, but I had one on my Papoose. I think my son still has it on there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
When mounting a base on the mod.60 be careful as the receiver is aluminum and the set screws are steel over tightening causes stripped threads thus a loose mount will continuously not give a consistent accuracy. good luck

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Wal mart has cheap air rifle scopes that will work for short range. Also shotgun scopes have the parallax setting close to rimfire ranges.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Just bought a 4x32 BSA scope from Gander Mountain for $29.99 that works great on my Marlin 795. Comes with see through dust covers with the front one tinted for glare reduction. Once i got it dialed in it put the rounds anywhere i wanted. They also had a Barska scope for the same price, so it was kind of a toss up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm wondering about a scope mount that will still allow use of the iron sights. Mine is pretty damn accurate with no scope whatsoever, and I was thinking about getting an improved front and rear sight and leaving it at that. I've not yet found any scope that I'm more comfortable with than I am with iron sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts