Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a 44SS6 .44 mag for deer hunting and am trying to understand how the scope rail mounting works. My concern is that the scope rail offered by Taurus has 4 holes, and I just don't see 4 holes in the top of the Taurus 44SS6 revolver...

Can anyone who has mounted a scope on the 44SS6 tell me whether it is pre-drilled for the scope rail offered by Taurus? I wish Taurus would include this type of information on their SPECS page for their revolvers... I can't tell how the Taurus scope rail mounts onto the revolver.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi
The scope rail mounts on top of the vent rib. The metal bars are slid under the rib vents and fastened withe the screws supplied. The key of installing is to NOT overtighten and to also make sure the metal bars are as even as possible. I have seen some that were uneven and over tightened to the point of bendind the bars.
HTH
Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thank you - I see that now, after looking at the hardware supplied in the rail kit.

Any particular scope rings work best for this setup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
where to find scope mount for 44SS6?

I just found this thread looking for a scope mount for the Taurus 44SS6. Taurus used to make one that you didn't have to drill for, but apparently it's been on backorder for a year and we shouldn't hold our breath.
So we are going to have to get a Weaver mount and drill and tap, but we don't really like to drill into it. I looked at Jack Weigand but that requires drilling too.
Is there any other option?

·
Registered
773 Posts
ive got a jack weigand and i never installed it as i am uncomfortable drilling and tapping it myself

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just found this thread looking for a scope mount for the Taurus 44SS6. Taurus used to make one that you didn't have to drill for, but apparently it's been on backorder for a year and we shouldn't hold our breath.
So we are going to have to get a Weaver mount and drill and tap, but we don't really like to drill into it. I looked at Jack Weigand but that requires drilling too.
Is there any other option?
What about the B-Square mount. I do not think it requires drilling:

Weaver-Style Scope Base Taurus 607 608 689 44 Remington Mag 6 8 Barrel Silver

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Next question--
That mount is on the gun, and the scope is on the mount, and it's all very schmexy looking, but of course won't fit into the holster. Do you have a tip where I could find a holster that will hold it now? There's less than 2" of barrel left to go into the holster...
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
There are several holsters on the market for scoped handguns in both leather and fabric. Handgun, and scope fits in holster. The fabric holsters start around the $25, to $35 price range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts