Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting my texas CHL in 3 weeks.i have 2 questions

1 i ride a gsxr 750 motorcycle.do any of you drive while wearing a gun(taurus)
2 i am a big guy 270 lbs and was wandering if there is a holster made for or works for us bigger guys?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I to am a 270 lber. I use the Fobus Sb11B and the Hidden Ally from HighNoon Holsters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I too ride GSX-Rs 8)....'89 and '90 750s...I do carry when I ride. I carry my XD-45 Service (with 10rd compact mag) in my jacket pocket. It just fits. I cant use my Galco holster, as it shows as soon as I lean over in the riding position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like to wear my jacket too.BUT i live in south texas and it is way to hot to wear it year round.i was thinking about keeping it in my tank bag if i am not planning on going in anywhere.i also have a 750 katana both 2005'si like the katana better!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Most jackets work very well to conceal a handgun. In the summer, a nice mesh jacket will keep you cooler by shading you from the sun, while still allowing good air circulation. You can't see through most mesh jackets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
rwcreigh said:
i like to wear my jacket too.BUT i live in south texas and it is way to hot to wear it year round.i was thinking about keeping it in my tank bag if i am not planning on going in anywhere.i also have a 750 katana both 2005'si like the katana better!!!!
I'm in Texas too. I'm 5'10'' and 240#. When I ride during the summer, I wear a Joe Rocket mesh jacket. I have to "+1" what kingofwylietx said, the mesh really keeps you cooler. I wear a shoulder rig under the mesh and carry a big, cheap hawaiian shirt in my saddle bag. If I get off to eat or something, I take it into the john with me, take of the jacket and put on the shirt. I only button the bottom button.When it's time to ride again, I reverse the process.

The problem that I see with a tank bag, is how do you secure it when you leave the bike to eat or use the restroom? (A world of potential liability for you is sitting out there in that tank bag!) If you do leave it on your bike when you go indoors, then what's the point of having it? You're unarmed in there. How do you transition it from the bag to your person without unconcealing it (and commiting a misdemeanor) if you DO take it in with you?

Just a few random thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i carry my tank bag everywhere.its small.my wife calls it my man purse.i would NEVER EVER leave it(the gun)in the bag when i am not around.where did you get this vest.a buddy of mine had one and it just looked weird to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
rwcreigh said:
where did you get this vest.a buddy of mine had one and it just looked weird to me.
http://www.joerocket.com/productH.cfm?products_id=1951
I got my jacket here. I don't have a vest. I didn't realize your tank bag was so small. I'm used to seeing those big honkers that look like a piece of luggage. If you can grab it and go, then it's every bit as effective as a fanny pack.

Please disregard the earlier post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i know what you mear.i have one of those too.its good to travel with but the one i use is smaller and it uses the magnets and they stick to the bottem when taking off the tank.then you carry it like a book.i use it for the cell,keys,zune(mp3)pager walley and so on.and it flattends while on tank.i think the 24/7 will fit good.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2010612/p-2010612/Ns-p_MIN_PRICE|0||p_Product.LONGDESCRIPTION.sort/N-111+10211+600014589/c-10111
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
I'm 5'5" and about 170. I had a sport touring model (ZR-7S) for one season and started using a tank bag then. I still use the same bag for the 1911 or Tracker .357. The bag converts to a back pack when removed from the bike. I also keep my digital camera and bike papers in it, so would not leave it on the bike anyway. My current bike is a cruiser and my leather, mesh, and touring jacket all have big enough inside and side pockets that a snubbie or PT 111 will fit well. If I need smaller, I take a Kel-Tec or use a fanny pack. I think I'm going to get a concealment shirt this summer for those T-Shirt days. Also, my leather ride vest takes a mini revolver in the front pockets besides the large inside pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
concealment shirt ???????? do you have every gun ever made???lol i bet you dont have a lorcin?????lololololol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I just moved to AZ from TX & carried MOB inside waistband when I rode there. Just had to make sure the shirt or jacket didn't fly too high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is there a law saying you cant carry it in a tankbag if you have a CHL ? we are getting our CHL in 3 weeks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
rwcreigh said:
is there a law saying you cant carry it in a tankbag if you have a CHL ?
Nope, no law to preclude that type of carry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
rwcreigh
concealment shirt ???????? do you have every gun ever made???lol i bet you dont have a lorcin?????lololololol


Actually, I have owned both the Bryco and Lorcin pistols in .22 and .380. The L22 was not too bad if you kept it very well oiled. The .380 was a POS and jammed consistantly every 3rd shot. They are the auto version of a Saturday Nite Special IMO. And no I don't have every gun ever made and not as many as others on this sight. I was just answering the question (which was not specific as to what gun you were wanting to carry) as best as I could and I do carry each of the mentioned guns in these ways. In case you are not familiar with them, the concealment shirt is an undergarment with a built in holster. Very comfortable and handy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funshooter said:
rwcreigh
concealment shirt ???????? do you have every gun ever made???lol i bet you dont have a lorcin?????lololololol


Actually, I have owned both the Bryco and Lorcin pistols in .22 and .380. The L22 was not too bad if you kept it very well oiled. The .380 was a POS and jammed consistantly every 3rd shot. They are the auto version of a Saturday Nite Special IMO. And no I don't have every gun ever made and not as many as others on this sight. I was just answering the question (which was not specific as to what gun you were wanting to carry) as best as I could and I do carry each of the mentioned guns in these ways. In case you are not familiar with them, the concealment shirt is an undergarment with a built in holster. Very comfortable and handy.
i never seen that shirt anywhere.where can one get them? and i too have the lorcin L380.it also is a POS that jams about every 4th if i am lucky.as soon as i get my 2 9mm 24/7 friday i am putting it away for a long time.but then again it would make a nice boat ancor or a heck of a paper weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top