Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't know about you, but I'd think twice about putting that "pistol brace" against your shoulder. Being an old guy, I don't want to spend my last days as a guest of the federal government in one of their secure hotels.
I really want one of these and that's another good reason to pick one up right there. If the grabbers make any headway at all banning certain weapons this one is a likely candidate!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I really want one of these and that's another good reason to pick one up right there. If the grabbers make any headway at all banning certain weapons this one is a likely candidate!
You might want to chat with the bump stock boys. There weren't no grandfathering for these dudes. My neighbor said that just before the ban he took his controversial stock with him when he went deep sea fishing to show some friends. As luck would have it, the stock was laying on the deck when they were struck by a huge rogue wave. The boat prit near capsized. While the good ship and crew made it back to port the stock was lost at sea. At least that's his story and I'm not doubting it.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
My Remington 870 with a pip sight will do the trick. No pistol grips or optics ... for heaven's sake -- you need an optic to blast away with a flipping shotgun? :icon_ banana:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My Remington 870 with a pip sight will do the trick. No pistol grips or optics ... for heaven's sake -- you need an optic to blast away with a flipping shotgun? :icon_ banana:
Firing rifled slugs, yea its nice to have. Aim small, miss small.

·
Super Moderator
35,225 Posts
Thing is, if the gun fits no better than this shockwave thing does with that "pistol brace", yeah, you'll need help being on target.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a green laser on mine & it is a blast to shoot. Chasing a #10 can around the yard with it is just too much fun.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I bought Maverick 88 (18.5") for $150 on sale and put a $20 pistol grip on it. Instant 'Shockwave' for less than $269 which is the lowest online price I could find.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
Super Moderator
35,225 Posts
I bought Maverick 88 (18.5") for $150 on sale and put a $20 pistol grip on it. Instant 'Shockwave' for less than $269 which is the lowest online price I could find.
But, is there an "arm brace" on it? I'd guess the arm brace is next to worthless on this thing, though, with too short a LOP. :D I don't care for pistol grips on shotguns, anyhow. I'm much faster and on target a lot quicker with a normal stock. But, my favorite practice targets are doves, which I'll be slaying in another week. :D

I'd like to try that Shockwave with the arm brace just to see, but I don't know if I wanna fire a 12 gauge slug in one. :rofl: I've never shot one of those mini shells, sorta specialty stuff I reckon. I've looked at the Shockwave. I think if I got one, it'd be in 20 gauge. I've kept my coach gun handy with 3 buck in it. 3 buck is some awesome stuff in 20 gauge, 20 pellets per load.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'll stay with my S-12.

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
The raptor grip on the Shockwave is not bad; it dissipates recoil better than pistol grips. And, isn’t it illegal to change out the raptor grip? The fact that it doesn’t have a shoulderable stock at the factory is what makes it legal.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The raptor grip on the Shockwave is not bad; it dissipates recoil better than pistol grips. And, isn’t it illegal to change out the raptor grip? The fact that it doesn’t have a shoulderable stock at the factory is what makes it legal.
The ATF letter that came with my Shockwave says in part, "We caution that these findings are based on the sample submitted. If the design, dimensions, configuration, method of operation, or materials used were changed, our determination would be subject to review." Since my Shockwave is currently not a "firearm" as defined by the NFA, I ain't changing crap on it (I would have used a more descriptive term than "crap" but I was reprimanded for using that more descriptive term a few days ago.)

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Lucky Gunner has a really good series of videos on Youtube for the Remington and Mossberg shorties. Well worth the time to watch.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Trust me guys, unless you a real masochist, stay away from the 12 ga. The 20 is actually fun to shoot. But if you insist on the 12, the Aguila mini shells are pretty cool. I use them in my single shot. Pretty much the same recoil as a 20 ga.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Trust me guys, unless you a real masochist, stay away from the 12 ga. The 20 is actually fun to shoot. But if you insist on the 12, the Aguila mini shells are pretty cool. I use them in my single shot. Pretty much the same recoil as a 20 ga.
I would have but got a $50 Gift Certificate Christmas before last from the Dick's and a few weeks later the Dick's had the Mav88 12g on sale so I snapped it up. I agree that a 20g probably would have been a better choice but I couldn't pass up a good Dick's sale. ... Only thing I have ever bought from the Dick's.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
After you installed the pistol grip what is the total length of the gun?

Don

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Firing rifled slugs, yea its nice to have. Aim small, miss small.
Actually, a couple years ago I fired about 10 slugs with the Remington and it put a good hurt on my shoulder... even with the butt padding I added. Not inclined to do that often.

Shotguns are not as much fun as they were when I was in my 20s.

·
Registered
36,598 Posts

well as always we all have different thoughts.
Mine are this, I like the 12 gauge in a shotty, mostly because of the availability of various loads, and the price of ammo.
Now again to me!
a 12 gauge even in less than 3 inch magnum 000 buck is more than enough energy and enough holes in a target to be lethal.
so I use a 2 3/4 inch number 4 buck shot in my shotty (18 inch barre pump.)
when I get the urge to go out and block the highway and set up a check point then I load it up with 12 gauge 3 inch in 000 Buck , you know in case I need to shoot through a car to stop someone.

Reactions: Kevin Keith
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.