Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
First reactions:
No double strike capability but not a deal breaker. If it could be had in a double stack 10+1 or 12+1 I would think it would take off. I wonder how long it will take aftermarket suppliers to get geared up. The 9mm striker fired polymer sub-c market is pretty flooded right now but I guess M'berg wanted to test the waters. Looks nice, tho. I bet it will sell.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Glock 43 mags and sig sights compatibility, unique takedown that almost guarantees a clean striker channel and easy inspections, metal guide rod, and with what looks to be a durable finish. The chambering is on point too. Good safe first try.

Would like to see a thumb safety version. Maybe the cross bolt safety would do. Got to adjust to that.

Now if it was the size and cartridge capacity of the Sig 365 with a manual thumb safety, even if it took proprietary magazines, I might be camping out at the local LGS to get hands on one.

As it is I will be watching the reviews and prices closely for a while and wait and see. There are a couple pistols in the que ahead once finances get worked out over the next few months.

Here is a review that shows a pic of the cross safety model:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/03/tfb-review-mossberg-mc1/

·
Registered
541 Posts
Doesn't appear to be anything "special" or evolutionary, but I would still like to have one if the price was right. I think it would compliment my Remington R51 "2.0" quite nicely.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yup, another striker fired pistol to cross off the list.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Mossberg didn't "leave" anything-they added to the line. I don't think the Shockwave needs much advertising. From what I see, a lot of 500's are being traded in on the shorty gun.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
It also apparently takes SIG Sights of all things.

Weird how so many firearms these days are built to use Glock Magazines. I know for awhile there were some guns that took Beretta 92 magazines as well, so I guess it's just a matter of popularity, but it still strikes me as odd that so many companies would design firearms with other brands firearm's magazines in mind.
Hey, one of the major reasons I don't buy gun X is magazine availability. Why not piggy-back on their popularity.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
It also apparently takes SIG Sights of all things.

Weird how so many firearms these days are built to use Glock Magazines. I know for awhile there were some guns that took Beretta 92 magazines as well, so I guess it's just a matter of popularity, but it still strikes me as odd that so many companies would design firearms with other brands firearm's magazines in mind.
With the availability of Gluck mags, it makes sense. Compatibility with their mags would be a selling point. Not to mention that it simplifies the development process. You don't have to design the mag since you are using a preexisting one, you just have to build the gun to function with it.

If I was to design a double stack bottom feeder, I'd build it to take their mags for just that reason. No need to reinvent the wheel when there's something proven right there in front of you. If I was to design a single stack, it would use 1911 mags for the same reason.

Next time the wikiguns folks posts about LEO trade ins, look at how many Glucks are listed. Every one of them guns left Smyrna with at least 3 mags and how many shops will buy them, take the 3rd mag out of the box and sell it as a used mag separately?

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Just like many things in life...things should be somewhat standardized. There should be a law. Like light bulbs....MS Windows....toilet gaskets....women are always right....

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I'm with Tuco on this one.
Just what we need, another plastic, striker fired pistol....yawn.

I do find it interesting that Mossberg woke up and started making pistols again.
Well yeah...but they sell. What? you want them to start with a .32 revolver? I do but they'll go broke trying to sell that to the mall ninjas.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
All I can add to this excellent post is that I really, really like the clear magazines. That's another "why has no one done this before?" idea!

ETS has been making very nice clear magazines for two years. They are well made and dependable. I have at least a dozen for my Glocks.

Don

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
If they price it right , like a Rugers single stack 9's ,, they will sell .. Me being a Glock 43 owner would like to own one .., they use 43 mags is a big selling point for me ...
But Im planning on waiting a year or so before my purchase... For the growing pains to be worked out ...

·
Super Moderator
14,013 Posts

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
Here's TFB's review of it:

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also I think a striker single stack 9 semi is a great carry option that works well for a lot of people. I've carried a lot of different guns, from full size double stack semis (striker and hammer) to airweight snubnose revolvers - the one that stays on me most of the time these days is an lc9s. It's light, slim, controllable and comfortable. I'll definitely take a look at one of these if they are still making them in a year or two

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
*Looks at thread title*

Wait, are we seriously calling single stack 9mm pistols mouse guns now?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Street prices will be lower than msrp. It's made in an American plant, and for the price you do get stainless steel barrel and slide and a more durable finish. Looks like a nice integration of a laser for those that like them as an option.

The ease of striker channel cleaning and accompanying safety of the design is a positive. The addition of the option of an external safety (cross bolt safety) should appeal to many for which that is a stumbling block.

Another thought is that if you kind of like Glocks, but don't like the grip angle, this one gets you closer to the 1911 angle.

The compatibility takes risk out of it which should ring loudly on this forum.

More choices and competition is always a good thing for the consumer and their wallets.

Like another mentioned, it seems my Ruger lc9s gets carried the most, many times as a pocket carry in a compression holster. The stainless and better finish of this new Mossy does take care of a concern I have with that Pistol.

Granted, a Sig 365 hopefully with a future thumb safety would probably be my first choice. I will take a look at the Glock 43x and 48, and who knows what might happen when the credit card escapes it's prison....

https://www.firearmrack.com/glock-43x-review-glock-48/

21 - 40 of 41 Posts