Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look forward to some reviews after Shot Show. It resembles a Ruger SR9 in its profile. I’ll look forward to the gen 2 so the kinks will be ironed out.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
And it takes Glock 43 magazines. But for the money I would get a P365.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
At first I was excited to hear that Mossberg was offering a new pistol, but alas, it's just another striker-fired single-stack 9mm.

If I wanted one of those then I would have chosen one already from the endless selection currently available.

I don't know why Mossberg chose to dive into such an oversaturated market, but whatever, it's their prerogative.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Kinda cute.

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Nice to see them trying something new, late to the party but cool.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Wonder how long it is until they come out with the Mossy Oak camo editions.

We all know that Mossberg can't make anything with out dipping it in a camo finish eventually.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Who knew? Certainly not me! Like has been said, just another single stack striker fired pistol. I do hope it's a good product for them.

·
Registered
15,232 Posts
If they only produce 1 pistol and it's even halfway decent then discontinue them, they'll have an instant collectors item. Good on Mossberg for giving it a shot.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Did anyone notice the 1:16 RH twist spec on the barrel? Lead bullets should work great and that gets around certain areas that forbid JHP ammo.

Maloy

·
23,072 Posts
At first I was excited to hear that Mossberg was offering a new pistol, but alas, it's just another striker-fired single-stack 9mm.

If I wanted one of those then I would have chosen one already from the endless selection currently available.

I don't know why Mossberg chose to dive into such an oversaturated market, but whatever, it's their prerogative.
All I can add to this excellent post is that I really, really like the clear magazines. That's another "why has no one done this before?" idea!

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Very interesting, indeed! Pushing Glock price range for the MSRP though. Street price should be less.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
As I've said in other threads on the subject, I was excited right up until I heard that it was just another striker-fired 9mm pistol.

I dunno how or why Mossberg went from something as ambitious as the 590 Shockwave to something as humdrum as the MC1sc, nor why they're marketing this more aggressively than the forthcoming Semiauto Shockwave, but whatever.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It also apparently takes SIG Sights of all things.

Weird how so many firearms these days are built to use Glock Magazines. I know for awhile there were some guns that took Beretta 92 magazines as well, so I guess it's just a matter of popularity, but it still strikes me as odd that so many companies would design firearms with other brands firearm's magazines in mind.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts