Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired off almost 200 rounds of 115gr Federal Brass through the new MC1 today. Not one hiccup.

MC1sc20feet.jpg
2 mags

The wife still likes her Spectrum better, but I'll see if she changes her mind once we get a grip sleeve for the MC1 like her Spectrum has. I cannot say enough about how good the trigger is right out of the box. Silky smooth, clean break and the reset couldn't be more natural. The take down is interesting, easy and requires no tools. Did it three times before I could probably do it blindfolded. The recoil isn't bad at all, although it's not hard to tell that it's a sub-compact 9mm. The mags seem to be solid and well made too so far. If I didn't know better I'd think Mossberg made this gun specifically for me. I love this gun and it is now my new EDC. Get out and shoot one if you can.

DriverSide.jpg

PassengerSide.jpg

TakeDown.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
Nice report! Thanks! Those grip panels look nice, I take it that they're aggressive? I put the Hogue Beavertail on my S & W Shield, but the profile of the Mossberg looks a bit like too much of a curve to seat those, unless they come around to making them specifically for your gun. Just noticed that there's no manual safety. How is the first pull in DA?

Reactions: grimreefer

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get the gun with a cross-bolt safety, but I'm not really a fan of man. safeties on a striker. The grip panels are sold as "aggressive", but I've seen more aggressive. Regardless, the gun feels firm in the grip for a single stack. The trigger take-up is short and smooth to the wall and is easily controllable so you can control when it breaks. Or just squeeze and you can't tell there's a wall... at all. IIRC it has a 5-6 pound pull... that's like butter. I did a few rapid fire/reloads and the only thing I can say is that the trigger is a factory gem. I really haven't started looking for a grip sleeve yet, but I'm sure something will fit.

If I had to say anything bad about the gun, it'd be that the 6 round mag leaves the pinkie hanging. I already have more 7 round mags on order though. :)

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Nice report ! I've wondered about that gun. I too would like to know about the trigger pull.

EDIT - just saw your post right before mine. That kind of pull is not too bad at all and I sure wouldn't mind trying one at the range. :thumb:

·
8,966 Posts
Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Fired off almost 200 rounds of 115gr Federal Brass through the new MC1 today. Not one hiccup.

View attachment 438859
2 mags

The wife still likes her Spectrum better, but I'll see if she changes her mind once we get a grip sleeve for the MC1 like her Spectrum has. I cannot say enough about how good the trigger is right out of the box. Silky smooth, clean break and the reset couldn't be more natural. The take down is interesting, easy and requires no tools. Did it three times before I could probably do it blindfolded. The recoil isn't bad at all, although it's not hard to tell that it's a sub-compact 9mm. The mags seem to be solid and well made too so far. If I didn't know better I'd think Mossberg made this gun specifically for me. I love this gun and it is now my new EDC. Get out and shoot one if you can.
Saw my first Mossberg "in the flesh" today.

Seemed well made. Takedown was trivial.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Very Interesting Pistol! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts