Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one I may be trading for one this weekend and was interested in any problems or thoughts on them Thanks Randy

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
If you’re looking for some thing accurate and fun go for it. If you are looking for an AR trainer, I would recommend the S&W M&P 15 22. The couple people I know that got the Mossberg were disappointed that in was not the same as an AR.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My cousin bought one of these at bass pro a couple weeks ago . He had feed issues and the mag would not lock in properly. He took it back to bass and they sent it to backto Mossberg. I know that his stock was fixed in place , and with the carry handle it will limit your range of optics.I agree with fishinkeylargo get a S&W 15-22 I own one and love it , these are very close to the full size AR 15 and most parts(stock , pistol grip, and sights/optics) interchange . I really depends on what you are tradeing for this and what are your intentions with this gun ? If you want to acessorize it I feel you will be dissappointed in the mossberg.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its just for playing I have the chance to get one in trade for a ruger 10/22 carbine that I never shoot I payed $200 for the ruger

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Vaskeet - I have the 702 - same internals. Yeah, they are good plinkers. Here's a target from a recent Taurus Armed rifle shootout (get in some! - pistol monthly too!) - 1" group of 3 at 100 yds with a Simmons 3-9 x 32 scope.
113 rifleshoot 702 100 txt.jpg

Why not shoot the Ruger? It will be every bit as good (better?) and of the base 22 rifles it has a lot of available accessories. It will also hold it's value. The 715 is a 702 in a plastic shell and sometimes that plastic is less than perfect. my two bits.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not shoot the Ruger? It will be every bit as good (better?) and of the base 22 rifles it has a lot of available accessories. It will also hold it's value. The 715 is a 702 in a plastic shell and sometimes that plastic is less than perfect. my two bits.

I have 3 other good 22 rifles a ruger 10/22t (target) a CZ 452 varmit (the most accurate) and a marlin 60 that I bought back in 1975 or so (I was 15). I only payed around $200 for the ruger I will be trading and I thought it (715t) would be a fun gun for me and the kids to play with Randy

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Whaaaaaaaa??? I'm joining
"Mossberg Owners" I use the same screen name. Lots of 715 owners ther and lots of super people with gun and shooting knowledge. An easy going lot like here. Please do join up!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have 3 other good 22 rifles a ruger 10/22t (target) a CZ 452 varmit (the most accurate) and a marlin 60 that I bought back in 1975 or so (I was 15). I only payed around $200 for the ruger I will be trading and I thought it (715t) would be a fun gun for me and the kids to play with Randy
Yep - you have a nice assortment there. A new flavor sounds like it IS in order! Good luck with the trade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you happen to get one that is a jamomatic......buy a new mag.....first batch that were sold had mag issues, everyone was pissed
I was going to send mine back to mossberg but decided to try another mag first, sure enough it fixed the problem, and others followed my advice, bought new mags and problem solved

1 - 15 of 15 Posts