Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Walmart yesterday and they had a Mossberg 702 Plinkster in stock with a price of $107. I had been looking for an inexpensive .22 and been reading reviews and watching youtube. The plinkster has scored highly in everything ive researched....

So, bottom line it followed me home.....Hope to put some rounds through it on friday....The rifle is lightweight and feels really good...Got some nice iron sites and a 10 round mag.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/rifles-autoloading-rimfire-international-plinkster-702-22/37001

reviews:

mossberg 702 plinkster - Yahoo! Video Search Results

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Most folks don't realize that the 715t is actually a $100 Plinkster with $125 plastic shell. I own the 702 and I love to shoot it.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Yep.
My grandson has temporary custody of my 715T.
I knew I was buying a 702 tacticool, but I also recalled the way his face lit up when the clerk first handed him the rifle.
No contest.

P.S. They're darned good shooters.

·
Registered
588 Posts
if you ever find a 25 or 30 round magazine for it let me know, my girlfriend has that gun and ive been looking for a big magazine for it for over a year

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I want the 715t because of the $125 plastic look

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Nice gun for the money. Congrats.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the bolt-action. 17HMR version and it was great! It shot a dime sized group at 100 yards. Due to the light weight it was hard to get back into the exact place in the rest, but it was an accurate little sob

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Dead accurate. I put a scope on mine. However, there seems to be some pitting on the barrel on the outside. That's my only beef with the rifle.

congrats on your acquisition. Is great value for the money and is bound to provide hours of fun.

BF6vFFFCQAADjSE.jpg large.jpg

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Great gun, I have it's predecessor the MagTec 7022 Plinskster. MagTec sold the rights to Mossberg and they called it the 702 plinkster.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
My neighbor has a 702, it's a nice little rifle. I have read good things about the Mossy bolt action .17 as well.

Does anyone know of a folding stock for the 702?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I was eye balling a 702 the other day.... I liked how it felt in my hands.

I have been looking for a fun, small/light weight rifle. And I think I have found it.

CF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts