Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm not allowed another gun for a while (long story haha) ... but I want a shotgun for hunting (rabbit, maybe even turkey) well I have a Mossy 500sp with 18" hd barrel. I'm looking for another barrel that will give me an ok all around hunting gun... any ideas? I'm kinda leaning towards a 24" vented accu choke ? ...

Thanks
CreekFisher

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Not a bad idea at all IMO, 24-26 inch barrels keep that bird shot a lot tighter than the 18.5" ones do. Then it's gonna turn you into a choke afficianado, you'll end up having a nice assortment since they cost far less than the new barrel.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda what I was thinking. But I am new to all of this. Shotguns confuse me for some reason. But I don't hunt right now, but I plan on hunting this year. As little as I will go, it makes sense to me to just use one gun and get the most bang for the buck I can out of it. Aid like I said, I'm on the "no way in hell you are coming home with another gun" list lol so this is my loophole ... but don't tell anyone that I think buying a barrel and chokes is actually smarter of an idea anyway .... shhhhhhhh lol

CreekFisher

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
I have mine set up as my primary slug gun but I also use a 26" accurate choke barrel for anything else. That way, each choke you have is basically a different gun

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have Mossberg 500 that I bought with a 28" barrel and I keep an 18.5" on it for defense while at home. I can tell you that you strategy is good. Barrel swaps are very easy and it's easy to tell that everything is seated properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.