Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one looks like a fine specimen for its age. Lots of nice features make it a dandy for both squirrel hunting and target practice.

22 Caliber; 96% blue, very good bore, very good+ stock, 26'' barrel, Manufactured 1947-1949. Tube magazine fed bolt action rifle. Original blue finish, mounted in a beautifully contoured walnut stock, with blued hardware and a plastic trigger guard with finger grooves. Folding aperture front sight. Windage adjustable rear sight. Factory S-130 fold away rear aperture sight mounted to the receiver. Furniture has mild nicks, dings and scratches. Bore has shallow rifling and light frost.
This 46B-B came home with two new friends as well. Not sure which one I want to delve into first.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I have a 46b the blue isn't nearly gone and the stock sites were long ago replaced with a m4b scope and the front site is long gone too with just a poorly shaped dovetail plug left in its place. The trigger is the lightest but most consistent trigger of any gun that I have, think benchrest.

You have yourself a gem there, those sling swivels alone are worth big $$ themselves.

How long is the barrel? The one on mine is very long.

Can I ask what you paid?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 46b the blue isn't nearly gone and the stock sites were long ago replaced with a m4b scope and the front site is long gone too with just a poorly shaped dovetail plug left in its place. The trigger is the lightest but most consistent trigger of any gun that I have, think benchrest.

You have yourself a gem there, those sling swivels alone are worth big $$ themselves.

How long is the barrel? The one on mine is very long.

Can I ask what you paid?
I paid $375, but she's in decent shape. Everything is intact. The front ramped switchblade sight, rear open leaf and rear peep are original as well. Barrel length, 26''.

Reactions: stupimlico

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far, I see where I'll have to shop for a front sight hood and sling for this sweetie.

Press down on the thumb spring and you have a choice of three different posts.

Comes apart fairly easy and for the most part, pretty clean except for a bit of dust.

Interesting bolt handle. Looks to be a piece of case hardened strap with a small cannonball attached.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,311 Posts
Left over ball, from when assembly line changed over from muskets?

😂🤣😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts