Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got together with a couple of friends this morning at ones private range for some shooting. One of our newest members Rongeswe2 was there also. We had no agenda just fun, so we stuck mostly with .22s. We normally shoot potatoes hanging from an old swing set but no one brought any so we decided to shoot some playing cards. Since Rongeswe2 and I have been trying out the January handgun shootout we thought 5 round groups would help us practice.

Started out normal with me having trouble keeping 5 shots on a card but after a while I settled in and shot what I though was a fantastic group,

After that I decided to try my hand at splitting a card on edge, I had no luck with my K22 so the other guys tried and both ended up hitting the car but only grazing it and not splitting it. I the put up a new card and tried my 422, first shot got me this!!

After that the other guys put it on my shooting some sub 1" groups, then I tried a group double action and got the best group of the day, 5 shots, 10 yards, standing, 5/8". If I could only shoot a group like this for the shootout!!

Here are some pics of the .22s I was shooting, both Smith and Wesson, a 6" K22 produced in 1950 and a 90's area 422.

Shooting is a bunch of fun but is made great by having great friends to hang with!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats some good shooting guy!!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
Looks like a great day at the range, nice shooting!

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
I love that K-22!

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Mighty good shooting!

We would have had trouble even hitting a card outdoors this morning. The temps were in the low teens and the wind was howling through the trees. Maybe we could have tied all four corners of the cards to the support posts and held it steady enough to hit it, if we could stop shivering long enough???

The last couple of years the cold has started really bothering my fingers I have even went to wearing battery heated gloves and electric hand grips and throttle lever on the ATV when I am plowing snow. The cold and snow never used to bother me so I am thinking it may have to do with some of my medications ( blood thinners ) causing the problem?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
stallard:

I enjoyed reading about your range outing with your friends, and the pics are ALWAYS a bonus!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice shooting Sir, do like the S&W wheel gun.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Not only would I want you on my side in a gunfight - I figure you could win the day while I hunker in the bunker.
Great shooting!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
looks like a good day hanging with your friends and having fun

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks like a great day of good shooting!!! Ill be getting the wife a .22lr with taxes so Im sure it will goto the range with me often.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts