Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on 8/21 I called the CS dept as the recoil spring assembly shot through the slide and asked them if they had the assemblies in stock and was told yes we have plenty. I send the assembly to them on the 22nd having been told I should have my new part back in about 5 working days. GREAT!
I call today since it's been 8 days and I am told they do not have my original assembly or can't find it at the moment AND that the parts are back-ordered but should be in in the next 2-4 weeks. They can't even find the online form I filled out. Jeez, I understand that malfunctions do happen and things break so I am not bent about that. However, I am bent that they can't find my assembly and that I was told they have the parts in stock when in reality they do not.
They really need to hire a top notch CS Director to revamp their department. Of all the negative things I read on the net about Taurus the most common and most recent complaint is about the CS department.
Well, I gave them my address again and they said they'd send one out right away.

Does anyone know if another company makes these or is Taurus the only company you can get them from?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Shadow, just a couple observations. If you didn't overnight your part, but sent it via USPS, then it will take at least 3 business days for USPS to deliver the item after recieving it. Since you sent your item on a Wednesday it wouldn't have arrived to Taurus until Saturday, when they are likely closed. So the best case scenario is that delivery was accepted on Monday the 27th... three days ago. Now, I don't know how long it takes their recieving department to open each package, look at instructions contained in the package, and send the part to the appropriate department, but I would figure on giving them at least 2 full business days and maybe more if they are very busy. So, I wouldn't at all be surprised that a CSR didn't find your original assembly yet, because they probably haven't been able to put it into their system. You have to give them more time.

Likewise, I am sure the CSR meant they could turnaround your ticket in 5 business days after recieving your issue into their system. I would be utterly surprised if the CSR meant 5 days after you put your package in the mail.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with Taurus at this point.

Edit: I also want to make a point about parts allocation in an inventory system... and I have seen this ALOT... when you call into a customer service department asking for a part, they only see what is in their computer's system inventory. The actual inventory is generally updated into the CSR's system nightly... this is all database driven. It is absolutely possible to have a customer call and the CSR sees five parts in stock, when in reality those five parts will have already been used or allocated. This sort of issue is usually the result of having a database that is used by the department in control of the stock room and a different database used by other departments like customer service that is updated periodically. Honestly, most companies have such a setup so that CSRs can't mistakenly allocate 100 parts (when only 1 was meant) and then the company is ordering 99 parts they don't need.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pierce,
Thanks for the reply. I am not ticked at this point because I realize it hasn't been that long. At the most for my part to get to Miami from WPB would be 2 days or at least it is for anything I've sent in the past.
What gets me is the fact that they couldn't even find the pre-log form and of course the fact that the part is backordered and obviously from other threads around the www they have been for a while.
In the end, I am not giving up on Taurus. Just want them to polish their CS dept a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts