Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a VERY old deal, but three days ago on another forum where I go and sometimes post (can we say Ruger?) some guy innocently asked what .357 revolver should he buy as a newbie. The first reply stated to get anything but a Taurus (because they are all trash). I posted a statement stating all makes have problems from time to time and asked specifically what happened to cause him to believe this. Well, two and a half posts later, I really was told off for questioning a blanket indictment of an entire brand of guns based on briefly shooting guns belonging to other people. And, apparently, this guy does amateur 'smithing on these Tauri belonging to his friends. I asked him if the gun problems might be caused by HIM working on them. That really blew the lid off the pot! A no win deal. I just don't understand how one problem on one example causes all of the rest to be suspect. If all of one gun type is bad, that is one thing.
Anyhow, I just get tired of reading uninformed, personal attacks on anything or anyone. Will say no more.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
A lot of times brand bashing and irrational comments like that are compensation for ignorance and stupidity.

·
32,495 Posts
While this won't work at the Ruger forum( yeah, there are a few anti Taurus there) I dug up all the links at TFL I could find where there were satisfied customers and the old threads where the bashers came out looking like idiots and incompetents through there lack of facts and skill. Linked those puppies to the new anti Taurus thread at TFL. Most of the Taurus users have shown up before or after the guy started it. He got taken to task real quick.
Brings a tear to the eye. ;D

Here are only a few of my favorites to quash these guys with.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=898.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=1814.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2167.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2328.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2572.0

Add your own if you have a few.
Another TFL anti Taurus thread, the basher brought back a almost three year old post and tied his alleged complaint into it. That's reaching way out over the top to do that. Could have started his own thread and tried to work through the problem with others, but of course could not be troubled to do that. He was on a roll. Or so he thought.

Got the ancient thread put back into it's coffin and the mods there put threaded bolts through the wood to seal that puppy up.Stake through the heart of that beasty too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Powerkicker; which model of revolvers were they and what were their issues? My 608 hasn't had any issues but the M44 I just bought has a tricky trigger; I just ordered a spring set from Midwayusa.com that should help with it.

·
32,495 Posts
And to show you the lengths some will go to and won't stop, no matter what the truth is, these guys just keep making it up as they go or :deadhorse: :judge: :bang: :soapbox:
do these over and over. This despite all of it having been dealt with in prior postings.
Taurus bashing at TFL and THR forums.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265829
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=311480

You got love this one link. The idiot uses Namerakis as his star witness, I had to reply. I was ROFLOL.
Then the usual suuspects at THR are coming out of the woodwork in the Revolver and Semi-auto boards. Not answering all that tripe. Had enough from crying myself silly from the Namerakis debacle. Gotta catch the breath.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Sorry...Schoonie..that you have to read about that stuff..that new guy on the site you are talking about, probally was like me ...he just wanted some real answers...then some guy lips off about something and turns him off... i just joined TFL about a month ago, never been on a forum before, got a new handgun, wanted some info...started reading some of the stuff on there about Taurus, (almost made me put my gun away and never shoot it)... it was bad..but guys like Quicks Draw and Taurus 9mm were on there and many others that i cant name or thank enough..came in and helped..that is the only reason i stayed in there..
Thank Goodness that the staff and members on this forum, are involved over there...Even the TFL staff helped, they do a good job over there too.....So as a new guy to all of this..good job sticking up for him..it can really make a difference...It MATTERED TO ME ;D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I followed the MTB thread over to THR and posted this:

The Taurus revolvers I've had (1 old Model 66 sold in a fit of weakness, 1 Model 85SSUL swapped in a fit of "gottagettakahr" stupidity, and 1 Model 85SSUL that I bought recently) have functioned just fine and have been accurate as I am. My brother oftimes carries his stainless Taurus PT111 in preference to his Kimber Pro Carry II .45. Again, he has had no issues.

Circa 1981, I bought a S&W Model 629 at the Mainz Rod & Gun Club in Germany and took it to the range. While shooting, my rounds started impacting further to the left with the same sight picture. What happened? The barrel was loose and torquing as the bullets went through it! The S&W distributor in Germany fixed it, and it served for many years until elbow surgery ended my flirtation with the .44 Mag.

A few years ago, I bought a Ruger Vaquero Bisley BCCH in .45 Colt with the 4 3/4 inch barrel. Took it to the range, and it put every round in a nice tight group - 18 inches to the left of point of aim at 15 yards! Back to Ruger it went. It came back fixed, and is in the safe now. I've used it with HSM .45 Colt 300 grain JSP "Bear Loads" with no further trouble.

Did I use two bad experiences with brand new guns to bash those manufacturers? Nope. Why not? Anything manufactured can have stuff go wrong with it. It's the nature of machines.

My Dad always told me not to buy a new car the very first year it came out. I made that mistake with a 1978 Ford Fairmont Futura and found out Dad was right. They gotta get the "kinks" out of them.

Are there Taurus products out there that aren't up to snuff? Yep. And, there are products out there from every other manufacturer that aren't. Get over it.
ECS

·
32,495 Posts
Nice call ECS. Shows it can and does happen to others and that's what the public needed to hear. That and all the other people who have or will show up and expound the truth like that.

There have been plenty of courageous owners who put out the actual reality of things and defend not only Taurus, but more importantly all firearms and their owners.My hat's off to all of you who have participated in threads of any kind and shown things for what they are.

We firearms owners need to stick together. Not cause disharmony with discord.

It is a sneaking suspicion that there are some(read that few) of those TFL or THR members who have never owned a gun and never will.Send in agitators to stir up trouble is an old ploy.

Would the lefties not profit by direct attacks of an underhanded nature and not profit by causing such problems? They've done it before.

Then there are those who like spreading misery in their path,sad little lives that they lead.

There are others who feel they are superior to everything and anyone and are above it all. Same goes for them.

Nice thing about this place is the members and staff don't have a Mount Olympus to pontificate from nor do we need one. After all,look what became of the Greek gods. Went away and became irrelevant. Always were.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
...,look what became of the Greek gods. Went away and became irrelevant. Always were.
Speak for yourself - *I* (or is that the royal *we*?) am a god in my own mind.... er, something like that. Well, I'm the trash compactor god - you know, hairly thunderer and squisher of garbage.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
:bang: :wave: :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
O, lordy what is going on. First the Taurus_9mm "Sit Down Comic" and now this.
Hey Qwiks, I resemble that remark. :D

Actually I'm just honing my act now before I try my act out in Vegas. O0

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I'm sure if you wear that afro wig you wouldn't even have to say a word. Just stand on stage at Caesars and let the crowd throw rotten fruit and veggies at you. :devil: :clap: :loco:

·
Registered
190 Posts
you know, i just dont understand how all these poeple can bash taurus for crappy customer service.......

yesterday while cleaning mt PT92 after a weekend of shooting, i lost the spring to the slide release button on the side.so i call taurus and i get the service dept. i tell the guy there i lost the spring while cleaning my gun, i then asked how much it would cost with shipping to me, his reply was i jst need to get a little info from you to ship the replacement part out to you sir. so i gave him the info and he said ill get it out today, have a good afternoon sir. :???:i was confused for a moment and i said sir? i still need to pay you for this. and his reply was no sir that will be covered under your lifetime warranty.

now who can say this is crappy customer service??????? :???:

i dont even get this good of service at a expensive restaraunt!!!!!!! ;D

·
32,495 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that the Complaint's about not being able to find the gun or it being away for many months for the most part are garbage claims.

CS can't give names nor is that expected, but the status on certain types of problems can ascertained. Nothing like what's being claimed seems to be going on. Not in most cases.Not all. Just most.

I don't identify myself as a staff or mention this place when talking to CS.Just ask about certain service things that give the info as to what is going on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts