Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
Nice. Congrats on your two new slide guns.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Great for you
You beat me to it
I've been looking for a stainless 92 to swap out all the controls from stainless to the blue and the blue controls to the stainless
They really look slick like that

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
Great for you
You beat me to it
I've been looking for a stainless 92 to swap out all the controls from stainless to the blue and the blue controls to the stainless
They really look slick like that
I went black to stainless on my 917. :cool:😁

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
Makes a classy look!

·
Administrator
18,419 Posts
Nice! :) For even more contrast, swap the Barrels.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually thought about that. Problem is, the frame, barrel & slide are all the same serial #. Guess mixing them even more won't really matter. Don't plan on selling these anyway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice! For some reason, I've never liked the appearance of silver PT92s, but the contrasts look really good. :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swapped out the barrels & actually had a chance to shoot both of them this morning.
Ran 10 rounds through each of them, had a big grin on my face afterwards. Can't wait
to get to the cabin & let them loose. Taurus perfection.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took the black frame one to the range last week. Ran as much ammo through it as I can afford right now. Seriously, what an absolute JOY these pistols are to shoot. Very little recoil, better accuracy than I can muster, & are absolutely flawless & reliable. For the money, they are the best value, PERIOD !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually thought about that. Problem is, the frame, barrel & slide are all the same serial #. Guess mixing them even more won't really matter. Don't plan on selling these anyway.
You can always file down the markings on the stainless slide. I did it on mine a few years back. Filed it down, sanded it progressively up to #600 if I can remember correctly...I didn’t worry about the sn on the barrel.
Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I’m not a fan of the finish on the gun, but that’s how it was when I bought it... I can live with it, but someday I’ll have it refinished...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts