Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I found interesting....
Reports are showing that giving firearms as Christmas gifts is becoming as popular as any flat screen TV or bicycle. Here is an article I found online.Gun sales hit holiday record - kwch.com

After reading the article it seems they believe that extra/creative advertising from local gun stores has created more interest in guns. I think it goes much deeper than that.
So what are your thoughts on why firearms have become so popular as of late?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Marketing may have something to do with it but I really believe that it is a combination of two things at work. First with the economy like it is there is an increase in violent crimes so people are getting smarter and are beginning to carry more or purchase for home defense. The second part of the equation is the fact that that more states are working together to reciprocate CCW licenses now so it is easier for people to carry interstate now. These two together will mean an increase in gun sales. And many people save big price items for Christmas so naturally Christmas gun sales will rise.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think more than anything else, just the state of the world these days - especially the US. BO can say what he wants about clinging to God and guns...he has spurred more clinging than any president in history.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, nobody gave me that matte stainless ultra light Judge I've been pining over. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marketing may have something to do with it but I really believe that it is a combination of two things at work. First with the economy like it is there is an increase in violent crimes so people are getting smarter and are beginning to carry more or purchase for home defense. The second part of the equation is the fact that that more states are working together to reciprocate CCW licenses now so it is easier for people to carry interstate now. These two together will mean an increase in gun sales. And many people save big price items for Christmas so naturally Christmas gun sales will rise.
Nail on the head sir...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
A generation of Americans raised to believe the lie that guns are the cause of mans problems have started to realize that a lack of personal responsibility is the real cause of our problems.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I have the need to buy a new firearm. I'm thinking Derringer. I got a itch it's not going to scratch itself.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Taurus should be selling every gun they produce because of this economy is scaring the blank out of everyone..You hear of more senseless crimes that make more people afraid. People sitting in their homes or apts at night listening to gun fire are begining to arm themselves!! Folks that go out at night are begining to arm themselfs because the nearest police are fifteen minutes away...Yes I hope folks are buying more guns so the bad guys will be outguned for once! God Bless the USA!!!

·
Administrator
35,115 Posts
If BO wins, he's coming after our guns. I guarantee it. Thats why everybody is buying. It will probably get worse as December draws closer.

Reactions: prb

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Actually the "guns purchased" numbers are much higher than the media has reported.

Many folks that had their "instant back ground check" bought more than one firearm at the time of their "check"...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts