Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first I was passing through a small town to do stop to get something to eat, got my food after a few minutes I was approached by a deputy sheriff, asked about my side arm why I was carring, explained why I was , he seemed to relax after that when he tautness I noticed his sidearm was a 1911 asked him what brand his reply Taurus with the added comment he would trust his life to it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting to say the least first time I've ever had that happen, would have gotten a pic but my phone was dead at the time.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It is possible he was a reserve deputy? Don't know how it works down there but up in my neck of the woods reserve deputies have to purchase their own firearms.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That is interesting, up here in Sandusky CO. all the deputies even reserve ones are required to carry a Sig 226 and a 38. special as a back up, I know cuz I tried to get a job as a duputy before my knee blew out and because I had no "Real" firearm experience they passed on hiring me, mainly because about 25 people who did have more experience wanted the job. I do remember reading on the application that the department mandated what firearms you could carry and specified the Sig 226 and 38. special as the required ones and thats what you had to pass the proficiancy exam with... Now in certain states and counties its different especially in the south, One time I saw a GST (Georgia State Trooper) carrying a Springfield Tactical 5 1911A1 with the light and night sights that must have been a $1900 gun, when she showed it to me the stainless finish was so shiny you could see yourself in it and those wood grips were a really light brown (I don't think they were rosewood) but as far as cops guns that was the nicest one I had seen a cop carry and I haven't seen one again like it...

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
That is interesting, up here in Sandusky CO. all the deputies even reserve ones are required to carry a Sig 226 and a 38. special as a back up, I know cuz I tried to get a job as a duputy before my knee blew out and because I had no "Real" firearm experience they passed on hiring me, mainly because about 25 people who did have more experience wanted the job. I do remember reading on the application that the department mandated what firearms you could carry and specified the Sig 226 and 38. special as the required ones and thats what you had to pass the proficiancy exam with... Now in certain states and counties its different especially in the south, One time I saw a GST (Georgia State Trooper) carrying a Springfield Tactical 5 1911A1 with the light and night sights that must have been a $1900 gun, when she showed it to me the stainless finish was so shiny you could see yourself in it and those wood grips were a really light brown (I don't think they were rosewood) but as far as cops guns that was the nicest one I had seen a cop carry and I haven't seen one again like it...
Sorry to hear about your knee. Where is your Ohio Peace Officer degree from? You could work in private security since you have the qualifications.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Here in the county I live in, if you are a reserve deputy you have to buy you own sidearm, and it must be an M&P .40.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knee. Where is your Ohio Peace Officer degree from? You could work in private security since you have the qualifications.
Eastern Kentucky University.. I got my degree before I moved here... I sort of let that dream die, I now own 2 businesses and am in college again for Business Management.. I was a P.I. for a while at a firm in FL but I always got the Process Server assignments because of my people skills and that's basically like being a glorified delivery boy, only you are delivering sapenas, divorce notices, and sometimes warrents.. So I went into cell phones and haven't looked back since...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Pretty interesting. But at least we now know that there is one LEO in our country who carries a Taurus! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
EKU - one of, if not the best Law Enforcement program in the country. I remember in the early 70's the campus was overrun by state police officers from all over the country during the summers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah is one of the most sought after LEO programs in the country, there were like 2500 in my graduating class there in that degree program.. I wish I wasn't disabled now, I'd be a LEO for sure.. Well maybe, I like my occupation now.. I don't get shot at and I make more money...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts