Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is about local government.
Last month I mailed the check and renewal form for my Wife's vehicle registration which expired at the end of December.
I clearly filled out the form where it said in plain English "Mailing address if different from above" of the address where the vehicle is registered.
So I called the County Treasurer's Office to find out where the renewal sticker is, the P.O. had returned it because they sent it to our OLD address, totally ignoring the new mailing address on the form.
IDIOTS!:mad:
I would have thought they would look at the form when it was returned to see why they got it back.
She hasn't been able to drive her van because of the expired sticker.

The nice lady there said she would send it out today. Finally.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
And this didn't meet your expectations? Obviously, you have thoughts that government employees have a clue as to what world they are in or what their job is. Real thinking people have their own businesses.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
May I rant with you?..I'm going to anyway. Friday my package that I have been waiting for was in Kansas City. They normally ship my direction to Topeka,Ks and then I recieve it the next day. It was shipped from Kansas City to Council Grove,IA. and now back to Topeka,Ks. With any luck I should have it tomorrow. The expected delivery date was the 9th of this month. Dues anyone else wonder why the USPS is going out of business?
I Feel Better Now.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Hey! I loved my last visit to the drivers license examiners. When I got my license at age 16 I failed every eye test they had, but they gave me my license and said not to come back for a renewal until I had glasses, so for fifty years I have had my license restricted to
" Corrective Lenses ". When I went in to get my first glasses the optomtrist asked me if I had a drivers license and when I said yes he said he didn't know how they could have given me a license, but he was glad he and I hadn't met on the streets!!!

I have gotten to where I take my glasses off to read or fill out forms, so last fall I took them off to fill out the form and went up to the desk. The gal checked the form and asked me to read the eye test and without thinking I read it without my glasses so I am no longer restricted to "Corrective Lenses". I wonder now how long ago I could have gotten by without the glasses??? My wife keeps saying the gal messed up the eye test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts