Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of weeks ago looking for help with my fence braces, I now have a new problem. I got everything braced and stung tight as a banjo string, great looking fence that was going to serve its purpose well, then this... I got home last night and a large oak tree had fallen and destroyed to sections of the fence where I was having the worst of the bracing issues. I'm beyond frustrated today.
20190803_223025-2016x1512.jpg
20190803_223128-2016x1512.jpg

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I can relate. For me...:dunno:...that kinda' stuff is pretty much just another day....:sad:...same ____ yesterday, tomorrow'll prob'ly be samer.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I walked my share of fence as a kid. I'd love to come out and help, but I have no Fla. vacations planned until February.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes life seems to be especially mean.Everything around my house has been systematically breaking over the last few months.Some are expensive. When that happens I think about my friends fighting cancer or dealing with a death in the family etc. My problems seem silly at that point.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Like kschilk said, just another day. Every time we get wind from the storms passing through I have to get up limbs and cut up the trees that have fallen. Not uncommon that they fall on my fence since the fence runs along the treeline.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yup, just another day at the office. Storms, trees and fences don't mix too well. Break out the chain saw and go to work. By the way, that oak tree isn't very big. Several years back I had one come down that totally destroyed a section of my wooden fence. It took me a week to cut up and 10 days to burn. I couldn't even give it away as firewood. Nobody wanted to work that hard ... except me.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
If life went smoothly....it would be boring....I'd like to try a little boring for a change!

Reactions: Car_Doc

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll add this to the mix of life happens. We celebrated my dad coming home from the hospital yesterday from a fall back in June, my one year old grandson had spine surgery yesterday, least night at 130am my wife woke me up in respiratory distress and she's now in the hospital, and finally just now thru had to do more surgery on my grandson. The silver lining, my wife and grandson are in the same hospital.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Life just keeps throwing stuff at us. We just have to learn to live with and not let it get you down.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Ok, I'll add this to the mix of life happens. We celebrated my dad coming home from the hospital yesterday from a fall back in June, my one year old grandson had spine surgery yesterday, least night at 130am my wife woke me up in respiratory distress and she's now in the hospital, and finally just now thru had to do more surgery on my grandson. The silver lining, my wife and grandson are in the same hospital.
Whoa buddy, prayers sent!

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
My neighbor had a branch close to the size of yours come down yesterday, his rental property.
It was blocking half the street and all of my drive.
I gave him a call, he showed up with his chain saw and had my drive and the road cleared in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Man. you don't have to go far to find trouble in life, do you? Stay strong. You were in my prayers last night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts