Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things were already bad enough, and now it appears it's only gonna get worse. I have heard as far back a a couple of years ago, with Sarsilmaz being privately owned, that they were considering moving some production to the US. Not as frequently, I've seen that Canik is also privately held, but I'm not so sure about that.

Here's the reason why things are looking bleak for an already strained relationship between the US and Turkey, who happen to provide the second largest army to NATO. ;)

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/wh..._6f6fac3eaa-0e65777c26-20599765#axzz5l13DV2uP

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Hmm, my CZ Redhead Delux is actually made by Huglu of Turkey.

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
32,210 Posts
Turkey is a great arms manufacturing country, they are also a country that committed genocide against the Armenian People, and they are rapidly changing alliance with the USA to a more Russia Friendly stance.

Going on my gut, and the fact Trump has done things that no other POTUS has done, Like moving the USA Embassy to Jerusalem, hmmm.......I just noticed that usa is in the center of the word Jerusalem, just as it should be.

No POTUS has ever acknowledged that Turkey committed genocide, I expect Trump to do so before he leaves office.

Bans on guns imported from countries that do things to displease us is nothing new, Norinco (China) makes some pretty fine weaponry was banned from exporting any firearms other than shotguns and shotgun ammo (Clinton Administration) and in 2003, the W. Bush administration covered all the loopholes of the 1993 ban.

obamma banned the import of firearms from Izhmash and
Kalashnikov in 1994, dooming the Saiga and Russian AK 47 market to higher prices.

Maybe you guys crying in your milk about the Turkish made weaponry need to make some investments in Turkish Arms. I cherish my Saiga Possessions!

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Pat Buchanan, the voice of reason and logic. Truly a sign of the Apocalypse.

Reactions: Rossi and blipper

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
I see nothing of substance that would indicate that this is going to occur.

Yes, it could occur, but there are no talks of curbing trade at this time.

This sort of speculation is what leads to panic buying and shortages.

Don't fall for it.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
27,871 Posts
I see nothing of substance that would indicate that this is going to occur.

Yes, it could occur, but there are no talks of curbing trade at this time.

This sort of speculation is what leads to panic buying and shortages.

Don't fall for it.
Whew! The Stoeger Condor is made in Brazil. It's rapidly approaching the top of my wish list.

Reactions: 57K and taurustoter

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I can imagine Canik is crapping their pants then. I would almost bet the the U.S. market is quite a cash cow for them.

Reactions: 57K

·
Super Moderator
37,639 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pat Buchanan, the voice of reason and logic. Truly a sign of the Apocalypse.
Hey, my fellow swabby, I never said that I was going out for beers with Pat Buchanan! Does that somehow change the order of F-35s from us and a missile defense system from Russia? I don't think it would take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what else Russia would be prepared to do for Turkey to watch demonstrations of their missile system up against F-35s by the same country!

Before their Ayatollah wanna-be president, all those years of being NATO's thorn in their side must seem pretty sweet right about now.

And yes, Turkey is quoted as saying that they'll essentially massacre any Kurds returning from combat in Syria. ;)

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Turkey is a NATO country only because they feared the USSR would roll over them for Mediterranean sea ports. They have never been a real ally to the West. Don't forget they provided divisions to the Nazis in WWII. That being said, I would miss the quality weapons they supply.

·
23,101 Posts
Turkey has been on the path to Iran-style islamofascism for some time now. I'll back Bibi over Turkey every darn time.

And that first link seems to imply that Bibi wants to start a war with Iran. Sorry, I don't see it. It also implies that Trump moved the embassy because Bibi asked. He may have, but almost every GOP candidate for ages now has talked about it during the campaign. President Trump just did it.

All in all, that article (int he first post) seems a lot more opinion than fact.

As for Turkish guns, Americans aren't safe walking down the streets in Turkey. https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/politics/turkey-navy-sailors-bags-over-heards/index.html I don't see a need to buy guns from nations where we are so widely hated. Embargo? Trade war? Fine. They need us more than we need them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turkey has been on the path to Iran-style islamofascism for some time now. I'll back Bibi over Turkey every darn time.

And that first link seems to imply that Bibi wants to start a war with Iran. Sorry, I don't see it. It also implies that Trump moved the embassy because Bibi asked. He may have, but almost every GOP candidate for ages now has talked about it during the campaign. President Trump just did it.

All in all, that article (int he first post) seems a lot more opinion than fact.

As for Turkish guns, Americans aren't safe walking down the streets in Turkey. https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/politics/turkey-navy-sailors-bags-over-heards/index.html I don't see a need to buy guns from nations where we are so widely hated. Embargo? Trade war? Fine. They need us more than we need them.
I definitely agree, Bibi does not want to start a war with Iran because it would be a very short lived one. No more than 24-48 hours tops before the nuke exchange.

However, having the US take Iran out for him is another matter. And since the first Gulf War, the Russians learned about the military technology that we possess, where we have advanced it while Russia and the Chicomms are busy trying to catch up since the flow of information has decreased since the Clintons left office. ;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've mentioned before, my brother spent his entire military career in Turkey, and if he knew I purchased Turkish made firearms, I know for a fact, he would quit talking to me.
He has had nothing nice to say(at all) about Turkey since the '60's
As someone has posted about Turk military units aiding Hitler, we know it goes back even further to the Austro-Hungarian Empire giving us "The Great War" that in some cases was even deadlier than WWII.

Kind a reminds me of a line from Tom Berenger in Sniper 2 when the poet/philosopher suggested that war can be prevented by diplomatic means. "If it weren't for solving the screw ups made by the diplomats . . ." ;)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I spent six months over there on a business assignment (Ankara), and have never felt in as much danger as in that stinky muslam place. Turkey hates us - they are not ever to be trusted. Even the hotel that we were required to stay in treated us like dirt, and they always put us up in the same rooms - directly next to the Iranian Embassy. Did manage to get some fine carpets and beautiful chess sets, but that's all.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm not trying to crack wise: but for anyone interested enough to pursue the Time-Line; look back far enough and you will find that once upon a time, and well before the Roman calendar flipped from BC to AD, the Turks are the Hittites of the Old Testament! ;)

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I have a couple of TISAS Zigana Sports. Some of the finest machine work, close tolerance and accurate shooters - I'd put them on par with my PT92's for soft recoil and function.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
144 Posts
I spent six months over there on a business assignment (Ankara), and have never felt in as much danger as in that stinky muslam place. Turkey hates us - they are not ever to be trusted. Even the hotel that we were required to stay in treated us like dirt, and they always put us up in the same rooms - directly next to the Iranian Embassy. Did manage to get some fine carpets and beautiful chess sets, but that's all.
It was probably a deal with the embassy so they didn't have to run wires too far to the bugs in your room!

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
I'm not trying to crack wise: but for anyone interested enough to pursue the Time-Line; look back far enough and you will find that once upon a time, and well before the Roman calendar flipped from BC to AD, the Turks are the Hittites of the Old Testament! ;)

Hmm, did THEY make nice firearms? :D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
It was probably a deal with the embassy so they didn't have to run wires too far to the bugs in your room!
No doubt ! The two end rooms looked down on the rear courtyard of the embassy. There was a tennis court, never used, and a "garden" for sitting and planning the next terror attack. It was understood that the rooms were probably bugged, so we never discussed anything except a lot of BS that would make them scratch their diapers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts