Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
35,755 Posts
I did a lot of search, but couldn’t find any... Does anyone know of any moon clips that would work with Defender 856 (6 rounds 38 spcl)?
Moon clips? o_O So, you're trying to shoot 9mm in it, or something else? I seriously doubt that there is enough clearance between the cylinder and the backside for a moon clip to fit. And, I'm not aware of any moon clips for the 856.

If you're trying to shoot 9mm or 380 in a model 856, you should be aware that the bullet diameters are different and you're going to suffer serious accuracy problems even if you could (a) find moonclips, and (b) make it fit in the revolver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moon clips? o_O So, you're trying to shoot 9mm in it, or something else? I seriously doubt that there is enough clearance between the cylinder and the backside for a moon clip to fit. And, I'm not aware of any moon clips for the 856.

If you're trying to shoot 9mm or 380 in a model 856, you should be aware that the bullet diameters are different and you're going to suffer serious accuracy problems even if you could (a) find moonclips, and (b) make it fit in the revolver.
Nope. I want the moonclips in 38 special for speedloading.
Something like the one in the link below but for the Defender 856.

·
Administrator
35,755 Posts
Hmm....well I've never heard of that before but I wish you luck. I still don't think they would fit between the cylinder and frame of the revolver, but you could give it a try if you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Guns that use moon clips have been modified to do so. It mostly involves machining a recess in the cylinder face. My S&W 627-8 can use them or without. My 625-8 is strictly .45 acp or auto rim.

These guys are probably the best, but they will only work on certain Taurus revolvers. Trackers are one they claim have more consistent tolerances. I have a second cylinder for my 627 Tracker that I'll be sending them soon.

Maloy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts