Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of.
Many of you have by now received your $1200 stimulus check. I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a new motor/transaxle for my medium sized mobility scooter. It's expected delivery date is 5/22/20 so hopefully I will have a working mobility scooter soon.
The cost was $778.98 leaving me a few bucks. A few minutes ago as I was putting away the groceries I had just bought a thought came out of nowhere and hit me upside my head.

The thought was "Now I have money to burn" then I realized the $420 left over wasn't enough to burn but it was enough to show it an unlit match.

Please don't mind my ramblings, I am just more bored than usual.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
The money we got went immediately into the savings account knowing that the Gov't isn't just willing to give you back 1200 bucks of your money without some strings attached.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Haven't seen the check yet.

My daughter got her refund direct-deposited to her account. She received her electronic payment a while ago.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
i plan on spending part of mine on a couple of new american made guns . a palmetto state arms ` dagger` ( 9mm glock clone with some improvements i like ) and a sccy dvg-1
9mm with crimson trace `red dot `sight . both should be out in a couple of weeks . i was going to buy them anyway and the money will be going back in the economy as intended . i see that as
a win-win situation ----------------Palmetto State Armory PS9 Dagger: $300 Glock Killer [UPDATED]

https://www.sccy.com/handguns/dvg/

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Mine went straight back to the Government, I owe this year because of capitol gains.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
We've got ours in the bank. Almost ashamed to spend it. If I do I feel like I'm part of the "gimmee gimmee" problem in the country.

We'll either sit on it until retirement and consider a social security payment or wait until an actual crisis happens and we need
it.

Only upside is it's almost a refund on what I had to pay the feds this year.

Four months unemployed last year. Four months of health insurance payments out of pocket at $1400 each. Still owed over $1600.

I'm sure the hidden objective with this "stimulus" was to set precedent for, "See! The government can give everyone a guaranteed minimum income.
We just have to PRINT IT".

·
17,585 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house so we bought him a mower. We got a new mattress-in-a-box for the RV. That burnt about 1/3 of what we got. The rest went in the bank.

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
We've got ours in the bank. Almost ashamed to spend it. If I do I feel like I'm part of the "gimmee gimmee" problem in the country.

We'll either sit on it until retirement and consider a social security payment or wait until an actual crisis happens and we need
it.

Only upside is it's almost a refund on what I had to pay the feds this year.

Four months unemployed last year. Four months of health insurance payments out of pocket at $1400 each. Still owed over $1600.

I'm sure the hidden objective with this "stimulus" was to set precedent for, "See! The government can give everyone a guaranteed minimum income.
We just have to PRINT IT"
Not the first one. That was and is designed to put money into the economy to augment the losses experienced by an almost total shutdown. The sad part is that Amazon and WalMart, two of the largest internet sellers reaped the benefit because people were locked down.

It is the 3 trillion that is designed to do what you say and move us toward a "universal basic income". How ignorant are people who actually believe that something like this is possible? Not the politicians because they know it is fodder for the unlearned. Where would the money come from? This is the failure of our educational system.

·
21,965 Posts
Our national debt is going to sink us one day.

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
I used mine to pay down/off the credit cards. There wasn't much to pay, but now I don't have to pay them interest. :)
Smart man, smart move!

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news! The motor/transaxle arrived today at 1137 am and was installed by 230 pm. I took it on a test ride around the Old Fart Mobile Home park. Nice and quiet, no bearing squeal like the old one.
Now what to use the last $420 on.
A TV to replace the broken one (haven't missed the TV in the last month+). maybe.
A cheap laptop computer to replace this one (broken hinge on the lid/screen, several ports that don't work and a non-working camera) maybe if I can find a non HP computer.
A Hipoint carbine in 40 S&W. Naw I don't really need it.
Most likely I'll just save it towards fixing my big mobility scooter!

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
The wife and I invested our stimulus check into a new TempurPedic mattress today. Cooling coils, adjustable head and foot height, adjustable base lights so you can see where you go at night, USB ports on the frame. Being delivered Saturday. This thing cost twice what we paid for our 4 poster cherry wood elevated frame bed 25 years ago!

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A followup to yesterday.
This AM I woke up to a bitterly complaining back. It seems that lifting the motor/transaxle assembly (many times) is conra-indicated by my back. I am now able to move around with minimal pain.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
We ain't got no stim-you-luss checks yet! What am I? Chopped liver??

·
Registered
340 Posts
We haven’t gotten one either, but I’m also waiting on the stickers for our license plates. Maybe I should check the mail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts