1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
She seriously thinks "duck and cover" is going to stop a bullet from a crazy murderer? It's almost funny that that is her only defense, yet it makes her feel safe...

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Ignorance can often result in fear. This poor, deluded lady doesn't know what she is talking about and unfortunately there are many like her.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
If moms were staying home and raising their children to obey the law a lot of the problems would go away..That was easy..

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
They are the modern day version of this

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I'm dangerous with a golf club. Only God knows the direction the ball will go or how far. I don't play golf or go to practice ranges to protect those I may hit with a ball. With her logic I should go and because I do not play demand everyone else stop because I'm there. DUH or even better just not allow anyone to have a golf club.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
It's a curious definition of safety that these people advocate. Note that they seem to think that, if nobody has access to a firearm because of a POLICY, that criminals won't bother to rob or hurt those in attendance. Yet, any even cursory review of robbery statistics in and around Kroger gives lie to the idea. Another interesting tid-bit is that Kroger hasn't suffered a rash of gun violence attributable to legally carried guns.

This is a simple fabrication from beginning to end. It has to be simple, so that even the most zealous cannot embroider it, leaving them a laughing-stock. It needs no proof beyond assertion, but beggars common sense.

Just think, by their logic,if women didn't dress up to attract attention from males, there would be no rape. Accordingly, they should be demonstrating outside of salons against the beautification of their gender. Of course, extensions of their "logic" only apply to what THEY feel is important to be against.

Nobody ever killed or injured at your local Kroger by a concealed carrier? Well, it COULD happen. Demanding that people boycott, or try to force a change in a policy that really doesn't exist beyond abiding by local law, is stupidity in action. Deep down, they seem to feel that guns are responsible for violence, not people. That is a psychological issue that is treatable. However, being treated for such an issue, according to these minds, is prima facie evidence that they shouldn't be able to own guns in the first place. Mentally defective, you know. Hmmmmm............would you listen to a person banned from possessing something that they, by their mental deficiencies, cannot own?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
The irrational fear these people carry with them makes
me wonder how they manage to even cross a street.

Just because the car has stopped at the intersection
doesn't mean the driver won't hit the gas and run over
them once they're in front of the car. Or don't they see
that?

All them open carry cars being operated by heaven knows
what psycho.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
At least Kroger has stood up to these idiots

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Ignorance can often result in fear. This poor, deluded lady doesn't know what she is talking about and unfortunately there are many like her.
She obviously has not shopped at WalMart lately.

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
At least Kroger has stood up to these idiots
I agree, and I will send them another letter thanking them to stand behind their decision. A simple out for any company is to say they will follow the laws in that area. End of discussion. We as people who appreciate this policy need not abuse it by walking around flaunting the policy with a group of people open carrying long guns to try and make a point.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
If there was a local Kroger I would shop there. I'm glad they're sticking to t law.

Reactions: kschilk and ISSMER

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
If I was Kroger, this would be the statement I would have all local managers issue to the protestors.

"We abide by the laws of the (insert state here), I have to ask you to leave the property or you will be arrested for trespassing. Thank you all, and have a wonderful day."

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
You are so right! I guess according to her, law enforcement can't shop in those stores either because "seeing a gun" scares people? Those people really need to be educated about firearms first hand and not rely on news reports for it.

Reactions: mark38090

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Kroger intends to remain above partisan politics. They will see to it that their stores abide by the local laws they are subject to. This from Lucia, their President in Atalanta. Now, something stupid COULD change that. If a group decides to start carrying their ARs into stores, and invites publicity while doing so, expect that Kroger will respond to that and begin restricting carry in all of it's locations. They don't want to get involved in this issue. They want to sell groceries. Period.

Trying to drag them into such a, to them, non-issue, is akin to the old "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

·
Super Moderator
40,616 Posts
Kroger intends to remain above partisan politics. They will see to it that their stores abide by the local laws they are subject to. This from Lucia, their President in Atalanta. Now, something stupid COULD change that. If a group decides to start carrying their ARs into stores, and invites publicity while doing so, expect that Kroger will respond to that and begin restricting carry in all of it's locations. They don't want to get involved in this issue. They want to sell groceries. Period.

Trying to drag them into such a, to them, non-issue, is akin to the old "cutting off your nose to spite your face."
Like with Starbucks, we were our own worst enemy.

·
Registered
27,568 Posts
I'm dangerous with a golf club. Only God knows the direction the ball will go or how far. I don't play golf or go to practice ranges to protect those I may hit with a ball. With her logic I should go and because I do not play demand everyone else stop because I'm there. DUH or even better just not allow anyone to have a golf club.
I have to admit that my alert level would skyrocket if I saw you walking around Kroger with a golf club. :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haven't figured out why they think the bad guys is going to obey the no carry sign. The legal carry people don't use their guns to commit violence. If you don't want to carry a gun then don't but let me have mine. All you have to do is look at where the mass shootings are located. Its always in a no carry area. The media doesn't put it on the air when a good guy with a gun saves people from being shot.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Criminals don't open carry, they only carry concealed and usually without a holster. Those stupid females should be more concerned with them than law abiding open carriers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts