Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have some extra "tactical" gear that includes a MOLLE vest. I am looking to set it up for my Tracker 627; I know it is odd but since I have the extra gear I want to put it to use for this project. While Kydex is the preferred material I have yet to see anything that would work. Does anyone have anything that would work? I have seen a MOLLE grenade pouch used for this but it seems large, even for the 7-shot .357 speed-loaders.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Hud

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I've seen belt loop adapters to make your speed loaders MOLLE compatible. But with things the way they are I would not know where to find them. Good luck I hope that helps.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ya, I think it would be pretty easy to mod some HKS (or Uncle Mike's) speedloader pouches so they could be attached to your MOLLE vest. Sounds like you're thinking of mounting a holster for your Tracker 627 on the vest (but I don't know that for sure)? That would be pretty easy too. I'm guessing too that you're going to be in the "woods walking mode" since wearing a MOLLE vest doesn't really fit the concealed carry mode 😉. There are several holsters out there that would lend themselves to a chest mount on a MOLLE vest.
Show us some pics when you get it put together👍.
Flex

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think getting a pouch and load It up with speed strips would be a good choice speed loaders are good for a complete reload while a speed strip Is best for topping off or complete reload If you have time I recommend practicing with and carrying both.
As for pouches I'm not aware any speed loader pouches that are MOLLE compatable maybe a compass pouch might work.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree that "Speed Strips" are a good option! I can't say if one is better than the other tho 🤔. I have a couple of pairs (6 round and 7 round). Two loaded Speed Strips in a flat pouch are way less bulky than a belt mounted pair of HKS Speedloader pouches 😎. Some "out of the box" thinking would be in order to make either type of pouch (non-MOLLE) into one that was MOLLE compatible but I do think that it would be doable 👍.
Flex

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
I can't find what I was looking for on the net. The link I posted was for regular MOLLE clips.

You can always use zip ties if all else fails!

The ones I was looking for are long strips that will fit through your belt loops.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts