Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a chance to pick up a model 745c at a good price , but i dont know anyone whos had one and need to be filled in on it ? looks to be a good carry weapon? talk to me 745c owners!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just bought the PT145.  same pistol, just a little fatter grip and holds 10 rounds instead of 7.  I love mine, only problem is there is something wrong with the Magazine catch and the mag dislodges when fired.  When I hold the magazine in the firearm performs flawless.  I love this gun.  Taurus is sending me the new catch and since I am close to Miami, I should receive it pretty quick.  If the problem is fixed, it will be my primary CCW.  When I was carrying it, I would hardly notice it in my waist band.  My Bersa 380 digs in my jelly roll love handle after a while.  I can't wit to get my PT145 back in action. 

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have carried a PT745C for 2 years, got over 500 rounds with out any trouble.....I use a Crossbreed super tuck for CCW.....Shortone

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have a 745 & a 145. As was stated the only difference is the thinner grip and less capacity.
I would say get a 145 if the prices are the same, but if you get a great deal on a 745
pick it up. It's a nice feeling and shooting gun. Unfortunately my 745 has been at Taurus since Jan. 10th for a mag release problem. So who knows when I'll get it back. That's the only sour note I have about Taurus.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had a 745 for a year, and just went to the 145. It fits my hand better, conceals as well.

I've found it to be more controllable for follow-up shots. Pr'y cause it fits my hand better...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It is a Mil Pro----just a single stack .45ACP as opposed to the double stack PT145.

Check back soon for my functionality test on my wife's new SS 745.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
shaner said:
i think i can get it for around 250.00
I paid $230 with shipping and transfer fee, so if that's a FTF sale, I'd say try and dicker a bit, depending on the condition. Mines in VG cond, but only came with 1 mag.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Ok, just for kicks.

The 745 pro, lists from Davidson's for $346.42
While the PT145 lists for $358.08.

$12 less approximately, with almost half the capacity. Can it conceal that much better?

Only reason I ask, is the 9mm version is due out soon, and inquiring minds wonder if it would be worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depends on style of carry, IMHO. I can put the 745 in a Uncle Mike pocket holster and drop it in the pocket of a pair of cargo shorts or pants and it does OK. 145 is just a little thick for me to do so, but if you live someplace where you can carry under a jacket or loose shirt, the 145 might be all right. The difference in weight is mostly the extra four rounds.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm curious to know what a PT745"C" is. I have a PT745"B" I know that in my particular case the B stands for Blue. A PT745SS is Stainless Steel. Just curious to know what the C in PT745C stands for. :???:

·
22,018 Posts
I believe the "C" stands for compact. ie. M&P 9C or PT917 CS

·
Registered
89 Posts
I carry a 745 every day, all day long for about a year, probably shot about 1200+ rounds through it, usually a box of 230g, WWB a month. I carry in a IWB leather holster I found on eBay, was really tight but loosened up nice.

I probably shot 200 rounds through it before I carried it. Never had a FTF

1 - 18 of 18 Posts