Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Model 94: one with 3" barrel, stainless, NO LOCK. It fires great! Trigger pull is tolerable.
I also have a snubbie ultralite 94, black, HAS A LOCK, but the spring is so tight that it is VERY difficult to pull the hammer back. I understand that one problem is the lightness of the actual hammer itself.
Would it be possible to replace the snubbie's hammer with a NO LOCK hammer? Are the internals OK to allow for that?
TIA,
Signey

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I sold my model 94 Ultra-Lite because of the horrendous trigger pull. It would tear up the skin on my thumb if I cocked it manually. I did not like it at all. (In contrast to that, I LOVE my two 85's--one Poly and one Ultra-Lite--and my Ultra-Lite Judge.)Also, the first day out shooting with my 94, the rear sight popped off and was lost in the dirt (I shoot outdoors). Taurus was good about replacing it for free, but once I got the new sight installed, I promptly sold it.I would l guess you can probably fix the hammer spring, but coupled with the bad sight, I was done with mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts