Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post a pic of my model 94 UL SS 2". After sending the fist one back with multiple issues, they sent me this as replacement. I left in a leather holster overnight and the cylinder started rusting:mad: So I polished cylinder with Dremel and mothers polish and it turned out great. Also installed a factory green color coded spring from a model 85 and the action is sweet. Haven't had any rust problems since polish job either. Must have been a flaw in the finish???

Anyone else love their 94 like me?

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
So far so good with my 94ss5. Did you put the grips on yours ? Whose are they ? They look great. Yes, the trigger spring is a handful or fingerfull, however you want to put it. I am going to order some springs from Wolff for mine. You hear a lot of flack on Taurus. I will make my own judgement. The 94 not as expensive as other 22lr and fill the bill for a lot of us. Good Luck at the Range. Have Fun.
Bill W.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the grips you will find on Ebay from South Asia. For the money, i wouldn't buy any other wood grips. they fit and look great. I also just got a set of wolf springs for an 85. Think I'll also try the lighter trigger return spring in the 94. So far with just the lighter hammer spring I haven't had any FTF out of 100 rounds.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine is SS, snub, but it's a satin finish. Love this little .22. The trigger is a bit heavy but still very controllable. No problems with it. I do wish I had more time and ammo to spend at the range.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Lots of 94 fans here. I'll second the Asian grips, excellent work. Here's mine.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
307 Posts
I picked up a blued 4 inch M94 at a gun show last month. I am really enjoying mine also. Love those grips. might have to check fleabay tonight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just bought my second taurus revolver yesterday, a new blue 2" 941 in .22 magnum. cant wait to get it to the range soon, i have some ammo stashed for my HENRY lever action rifle that i can shoot. my first taurus was a 1993 94SS 4" .22LR, bought used but mint condition. i love it, rubber combat grips on BACKORDER from taurus for over 2 months now! i wonder if i will EVER SEE THEM!! anyway, 941 looks good so far, i like the style and weight, should be comfortable to shoot even with magnum loads. trigger pull DA IS HEAVY but SA is nice out of the box. magnum ammo is very hard to find just like ALL RIMFIRE. looks like there IS some reasonably priced ammo that may be in stock soon, $7-8.00 per 50. i am really looking forward to breaking this baby in, love the factory grips.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
I'm a 94 lover, too - and WF and MC678 - those are awesome wood grips! Here is my 5" blue 94 all dressed up with her new pink Taurus grips - she looks like a Good n' Plenty! I've found that Simple Green really keeps the grips pink after a dirty, messy range session! Got pink pearl grips from Taurus - but of course forgot to ask for the grip screw when I ordered them and can't put them on my 4" 94 until I wake up early enough to call Taurus to order the screw before I come into work! Maybe tomorrow!
5 inch 94 with pink grips.jpg

Reactions: whichfinger
1 - 9 of 9 Posts