Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Model 905 9mm 5 shot revolver, I have shot it for the first time and I really enjoy it very much. I have a question, In my Ruger 357 I can shoot 38 spl. and also 357 since they both have the same .357 bullets. Can I shot 380s in the 905. The both use .355 bullets and I am useing moon clips for the 9mm. The 380's I have will work in the moon clips that I tried. I have a few hundred 380s that I loaded a long time ago for my wife, I just wanted to use the up. Let me know. I called Taurus and they told me the gun was not designed for that. Which may be a standard answer so that they are not responsible in case something should happen. Thanks Dudley

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
hmm...I know 9mm's case is tapered, don't owned a .380 so not sure about if it's the same. I know you're not supposed to shoot .380 in 9mm semi autos... If you have a caliper measure both 9mm and .380 cases at different points and see of they're the same.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Model 905 9mm... Nice Gun Gray Wolf...<:))

·
Registered
77 Posts
the 380 is strait no taper as greywolf said dont use in your 905 bad things can and probably will happen.IE split cases and gasses going the wrong direction as in back at your face.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response, mavracer from what you have said I think I will just drop the subject and find another way to get rid of the 380s that I have left. Thanks again Dudley

·
Administrator
35,320 Posts
Yeah, just pay the $7 and rent a Bersa Thunder at the gun range...... :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Model 905 9mm... Nice Gun Gray Wolf...<:))
huh? I don't have one :(

Mav is right, that could happen...but it may also work fine... If that was me I'd put on a welders mask, couple thick gloves and try one... :-X (disclamer: this is not a recommendation for anyone do it)

·
Registered
846 Posts
As the price of ammo has gone up so I bet you can find someone close to buy them, or trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts