Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out on this one.
My good friend decided to do a Wolf spring job on his 85chss and now the numbskull cant put it back together! So my services have been requested,however being a pistol guy I've never even so much as removed the grips from a revolver.
I do have the little revolver put back together minus the "hand" and "transfer bar" and i just cant seem to figure out how the transfer bar and hand come into play. If anyone could post a picture of a DAO or non DAO 85 with the grips and side cover removed so tht i can see what I'm missing I would be most happy.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick..........

·
Super Moderator
34,944 Posts
Kinda hard to describe how the transfer bar fits in, linked to the trigger and just slides in front of the hammer. There's a rough exploded diagram of a general Taurus at http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=2040z85H .

The cylinder hand has to sit in the side plate on assembly. there is a spring and plunger that goes in a little hole in the side plate and pushes forward on the hand. You line up the hole for the pin at the bottom of the hand as you drop the side plate in place. It's not impossible, just have to assemble it in the side plate before installing the side plate on the gun. the spring and plunger will hold the hand into the side plate as you assemble. Might wanna do this in a box such that if the hand falls out and the spring and plunger goes boing, you won't lose it.

Hope that made sense. It's easier to show than to tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Native,
The hand and transfer bar are stil KILLING ME!!!!!!!
I looked at the site you posted and its about the same as my buddys manual and I just cant figure it out.
Any Pics anybody? I dont want to hand it back to my buddy with my head hung low
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts