Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up an UL M85 about two months ago, but just got a chance to take it to the range today. I installed a Wolff spring kit in it last week, which I believe really made a difference in the trigger pull. I started out shooting some American Eagle 158gr. ammo. At 10 yards, I was able to keep all rounds in an 8 inch circle. I was very surprised at both mine and the firearms accuracy. I then fired 25 rounds of Hornady's critical defense ammo, which I will be carrying, and experienced the same results. I decided to take my target out to 20 yards and see what I could do. I am happy to report that all 15 rounds I fired found their mark on the full size silhouette. I fired a total of 200 rounds and experienced no problems from the firearm or the Wolff springs. I am very impressed with this model 85. I will happily be adding it into my carry rotation.

I have read that many have had problems with light strikes and other issues from the Wolff springs. I used the 9lb. trigger and the 9lb. hammer spring. Luckily no modifications were required, and the results are great.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, I hope that you enjoy your M85 as much as I have, I have had mine for over 20 years and have never had a problem. It still looks and acts new except for a few small scratches.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Welcome from N Carolina!!! Glad you like those wolf springs!!! I had to put spacers in both my 905 and m380 to stop the light strikes...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition of one of Taurus' most trusted and proven handguns!

I've had my M85 for twenty years. :D

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
I picked up an UL M85 about two months ago, but just got a chance to take it to the range today. I installed a Wolff spring kit in it last week, which I believe really made a difference in the trigger pull. I started out shooting some American Eagle 158gr. ammo. At 10 yards, I was able to keep all rounds in an 8 inch circle. I was very surprised at both mine and the firearms accuracy. I then fired 25 rounds of Hornady's critical defense ammo, which I will be carrying, and experienced the same results. I decided to take my target out to 20 yards and see what I could do. I am happy to report that all 15 rounds I fired found their mark on the full size silhouette. I fired a total of 200 rounds and experienced no problems from the firearm or the Wolff springs. I am very impressed with this model 85. I will happily be adding it into my carry rotation.

I have read that many have had problems with light strikes and other issues from the Wolff springs. I used the 9lb. trigger and the 9lb. hammer spring. Luckily no modifications were required, and the results are great.
It depends on what revolver you put the Wolff springs in. In my S&W®'s the springs perform as advertised. I was not so fortunate with my several Taurus® revolvers; I got light strikes (FTF) in my model(s) 85, 605, 617, and 669. It's great that the springs work so well for you!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have never had an issue with Wolff springs in either a Smith or a Taurus. If the Taurus is cleaned-up....as in no trigger or hammer rubs or anything else that could cause a problem...the Wolff's have worked every time for me in all the center fires. I use the stock Taurus 11-pound hammer spring in the 22 line-up and they have never failed me either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts