Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe brought up before but could not find any thing so......
Looking at the Model 85 and wondering on its accuracy at 10 and 20 feet. There is one on sale here in So Cal for $299.00 and I only have until Tuesday to make up my mind on it. I actually want a .38 snub but also looking at the S&W’s. I am not sure if I want to spend the extra money since I know I already enjoy the Taurus line. Any input would be nice.

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't say I use my 85 Multi-Alloy (Aluminum Frame, Titanium Cylinder and Barrel Shroud) for any kind of target shooting. My practice consists of shooting at a paper plate at 5 yards (15 feet). All five go on the plate consistently...with a fast aim only (no careful aim...just acquire and shoot rapidly).
That's all I'm looking for in this little .38.
For $299, I expect you're looking at a blued or stainless steel gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got my 85UL Stainless Friday and took it out in the woods this afternoon. After shooting 25 rounds of 158 fr LRN I loaded 5 founds of Speer Gold Dot 125 gr hollowpoints (this is the round I will be carrying in the revolver). Printed a 1 1/2" 5 shot group all in the 10 ring. Can't ask for anything better than that (especially from a 2" snubbie). Distance was 4 yards off-hand slow fire. Certainly has my vote of confidence.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
My 851 (shrouded hammer 85 ) at 20 yards - fired double action. I am constantly impressed at the accuracy of this baby!!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
$299 is what I paid for mine new. A week later the same shop had a used one for $199. Glad I got a new one though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts