Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
32,533 Posts
The 827s were pushed to the back of the heap by just about everyone. Those were not marketed that well, but did make the advertisements way back when, on the pages of monthly gun magazines. This was only for a few times.

People either did not pay them any attention or were not aware of the 827s, blue or stainless. Besides, it's in .38 Special, and while a very good design, it just got passed over.Pistols were all the rage and soaring in popularity. Revolver designs just were not given that much notice.

·
32,533 Posts
The 827s I've seen for sale are usually in immaculate condition. There were rumors that a few people bought them as "soon to be collectors items", which might be a stretch. There is no Taurus Collectors Association. There was one for H&R and that folded. Now H&R guns are on the some peoples' must have lists.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those didn't. They were produced in 1999 only.
Actually....they did get re-introduced..

If you do a serial number lookup on Taurus USA's website, it comes back with a 2011 production date for the gun above.

SEARCH RESULTS
Your Model Is 2-827049
Production Year 2011

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was hoping it was going to be a .38 special version of the M627 Tracker. Kind of a let down when I saw that it wasn't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts