Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my firstpost and I'm trying to be a good forum citizen so if I violate any rules,please let me know.
I'm going to try and post a few pictures of the Taurus revolver I inheritedback in the mid-1980s. I've been trying to find what year the thing was madeand haven't had much luck. From everything I can glean from the internet, itseems like it might have been made in the mid to late 1970s (but obviously, I'mnot sure). I'm now looking at that pistol grip thing (what's it called,anyway?) to try and figure out when it was made - but of course, that's notnecessarily an indicator of when the gun was made. [On the pistol grip thing,it says, "Pachmayr Gun Wks" and Los Angeles, Calif (old style stateabbrevation).

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
First welcome to the forum! You can go to the Taurus web site and enter your serial # and it will give you the mfg. date. The Pachmayr piece is called a T grip. They are very popular among many revolver shooters. They help to fill your hand more then the stock grips. You have a fine revolver that will serve you well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bad thing is the int arms Dist guns are not on the Taurus web site?
Agreed; I had already tried the Taurus website and it's serial number look up. It returned noresults - said to call Taurus, which I did. Also no luck there - the guy spent probably 15 or 20 minutes with me and even turned to some of his co-workers, who likewise couldn't be of any help. I read somewhere on the Internet that INT. DIST. INC. handled the importation of these Taurus revolvers during the decade of the 1970s. I had also read the model 82 came out before the model 80 - and that the model 82 was introduced asearly as 1971. And going by some other posters (in other forums) and the serial numbers and history they knew, I've kind of come to the conclusion my serial numbered gun MIGHT have been made somewhere around 1978 - 1979 time frame. But that's strictly a guess on my part. Side question: why do some people cover up the last digit or two of their serial numbers when they post a photo of their gun? (What's the purpose of that?).

And last but not least: THANKS for the welcome guys! -- much appreciated. (Laker, thanks for letting me know to call it a T-grip).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts