Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,689 Posts
Welcome aboard, your 82 was probably made after 1996 according to the logo. Can't see the country crest well enough to make a determination. Lack of serious turn ring on cylinder makes me believe carried lots, fired little. However that forcing cone is sure loaded up with crud. Give her a good clean/lube and verify lockup before shooting. I also have a surplus 82 coming in this week, it is older than yours and looks like chromed,,we'll see.

logo's for reference:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard, your 82 was probably made after 1996 according to the logo. Can't see the country crest well enough to make a determination. Lack of serious turn ring on cylinder makes me believe carried lots, fired little. However that forcing cone is sure loaded up with crud. Give her a good clean/lube and verify lockup before shooting. I also have a surplus 82 coming in this week, it is older than yours and looks like chromed,,we'll see.

View attachment 476770

logo's for reference:
View attachment 476769
Thank you for the info. The logo dates are a big help. My pistol is scheduled to arrive today. Will post better pics once in hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

View attachment 476770

logo's for reference:
View attachment 476769

View attachment 476770

logo's for reference:
View attachment 476769
Silver string, if you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 82? Was it on auction?

·
Super Moderator
36,488 Posts
Well, I paid a little more. But hey! I got a holster too!
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Nice find, the holster is probably worth 4-50 bucks.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine Is also a law enforcement trade In stainless ver.I contacted Taurus and they told me It's 1994 manufacture.
I don't believe Taurus ever did a chrome finish, I know they did a satin nickel though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine just arrived. The agency stamp mark looks as if someone sneezed when they were swinging the hammer. On a nicer note, the barrel and chambers look good and lock up is pretty tight. Just the slightest movement side to side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no marks next to the extra serial number added to the top strap. There is an asterisk (*) on the bottom flat of the barrel.

·
8,689 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. Mine is lost in DFW somewhere, hopefully 2 day UPS air doesn't turn into 2 week UPS air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts