Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I am new to this forum. I looked through the revolver postings, and could find nothing on the 741. I recently purchased this gun at a gun show, and can find no internet discussions on it. It is a 4" with adjustable sights. It is on the small frame. I also have a 5" 94. I have only had it to the range once so far, as it is winter here. It has a very nice balance, and is pleasant to shoot. I reload only.
Does anyone else have one of these? My gun books list it as sold for only a few years in the early 90's. It looks as though it only had very few shots through it.
I put in the Wolff springs that I had for the 94; the 94 would not fire consistently with the 9 lb. hammer spring. The 741 now has in it the 9 lb hammer, and 6 lb trigger springs. I put the stock 11 lb 741 hammer spring in the 94, and am waiting to see if it works. I only had about 10-20% misfires with the 9, so I think the 11 lb will work. The 741 worked fine on the one occasion that I fired it.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.
If we have any 741 owners present perhaps they'll chime in and add their experiences to the discussion. Regarding the M94, we have a few people here who own one, myself included. It's one of Taurus' more popular models and a mainstay of their line ala the PT92. Other models like the 741 will be introduced and offered for a period of time and if they're not consistent sellers they're discontinued.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it is somewhat rare. Picture a model 94 blue 4" with the same adjustable sights and you have it. Very nice balance. I put on the nicer Taurus wood grips in place of the standard rubber ones, and it feels and handles great, and looks right too. The books list manufacture between '91 and '95. I wrote to Taurus for info but got no reply.
I can't find any info or reviews from other owners anywhere on the net. I thought maybe this forum would turn up something. I really like my 2 Taurus revolvers, and now would like a 4" 441.

·
32,653 Posts
That is a rare type of beast indeed. The .32 H&R magnum is a good enough cartridge for fun,defense, hunting, or for varmint control.

Problem is, the .32 magnum didn't take off as it was hoped for in the good old U.S.A. Overseas or out of the U.S.A. there was more of market. Especially where only non-military cartridges are allowed for by the common people or citizens of particular countries.

Never saw that model in the Taurus catalog here. Or in the regular overall gun catalogs. Doesn't mean that it wasn't ever printed in one. Just that there hasn't been much seen by the general public.
Wish we could be of more help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is really a caliber for reloaders, as ammo would be very expensive to buy. I handload, and was only going for 32 long velocities. The chamber walls are thin, as it holds 6 shots, and the locking bolt cuts are over the chambers, so hot-rodding this one is definitely out.
I just wanted a small fun gun. If I want more power I have a J-Smith, 3" adjustable sight 38 for that. It is very difficult to find a 32 with adjustable sights from any manufacturer for a reasonable price. I am trying for 700-800 fps from 90-100 gr lead bullets. I have just started load development, since it is cold here in Ohio.
I don't have access to factory catalogs, but it was listed in books like Gun Digest, and the like. Perhaps very few were made. Taurus did not reply to a letter I wrote a couple of months ago. I'll keep digging around, and plinking a bunch. I almost passed it up at a gun show, but then I got the guy down from $225 to $200. I don't think I would sell now for $400.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will take some photos this weekend, and have my daughter show me how to post them. It really is a nice looking gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts