Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spend a morning at the range today and it soon became clear that my 669 needed its sights adjusting. Now I know that, for elevation, turning the top screw to the right lowers the elevation, turn to the left and it raises the elevation. Likewise, for windage, turning the side screw to the right moves the sight to the right, turn the screw to the left and the sight moves to the left. OK, I've got that. However I was somewhat surprised to find that when adjusting either one there is no 'click' effect as you would get on a rifle scope etc. Is this as it should be? Of course with 'clicks' you can count the number you adjust by, for either or elevation or windage, that doesn't seem to be the case with my 669.

I would be extremely interested to know how you guys measure the adjustment of your sights.

By the way, I posted a question regarding wadcutters.. WOW.. they were really cool to shoot, the old 669 handled like a pussycat..!! Really sweet to shoot. :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I would be extremely interested to know how you guys measure the adjustment of your sights.

:)
Some adjustable revolver sights click, others don't. This Hickock video is entertaining.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts