Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new Model 66, the grips feels a little thin to me so I ordered a Hogue monogrip but I do not think it will fit my Model 66 even though it says it will my grip mounts with a bolt in the center the grip I ordered looks like it mounts from the bottom. Anyone have any experience with this or can you recommend grips for a Model 66. Mine is brand new and came in a nice orange and white box with a felt bag and the keys in a small felt bag. I say this just so you know its a new gun and I am wondering the 66 has changed and if so when. Sorry to ramble but I am interested in some new grips.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
The Hogue grip will fit just fine. No worry. Hogue uses a different mounting system than your original grips. Enjoy your 66, I love mine!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Brunston's right the Hogues will fit fine. I have them on my mid-80s 3 inch 66 as well as several Rugers. Good grips.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Well, the Hogues I oredered for my M82 that were supposed to fit didn't,but Hogue let me send them back & I found dome older stock Taurus grips on GB that had the locator holes in the same place as the pin in my M82's frame -and I love them to pieces! Happy ending, in my case!

Reactions: Bruntson

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
I have one on my Model 66, just save your original screw with your original grips and use their mounting system from the bottom.

Can't get the picture ISSMER took to show. It is in this link from Sand Lake Photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/735115...7648877472814/

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
59 Posts
The link contains one photo of a nice revolver with great looking custom woodies.

Who manufactured those ?

mjw.. add a pic once you get the Hogue grips on !

·
Registered
461 Posts
The Hogues I have bought in the past came with a metal stirrup you snapped into place. That is what you used for their retaining screw. Been ages since I have used them, but it was a "U" shaped deal with a couple pins on it. Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Congrats on your new 66.

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
The link contains one photo of a nice revolver with great looking custom woodies.

Who manufactured those ?

mjw.. add a pic once you get the Hogue grips on !
It is the Hogue Monogrip in exotic hardwood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the grip it did not work or at least to my liking. There was a decent size gap between the end of the handle of the gun and the grip guess I will just learn to like the factory grip.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The hogue will fit fine. Like someone else said, they have a different mounting system that usually has a "u" shaped notch that is very easy to attach to the bottom of the grip frame. The screw will screw into that u shaped notch, if that makes any sense. Anyway, it's very easy to install and hogue makes great grips. I have them on many of my revolvers including my new Taurus m85. Feels great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe he said he didn't like the 1/16th" gap at the base of the grip frame. I have the same gap on my M44, but I've worked past that.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Congrats on the 66; let the love affair begin !

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
...and pardon my manners

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

New Jersey.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts