Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typed model 66 sights into the search bar and came up with nill. After getting my gun,what suggestions can I get to make my sights available against a dark target? I am thinking about painting a red dot on the sights,since they are virtually invisible in the dark or against a dark target.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I put a little red auto touch up paint on the front sight to help out with visibility. Fingernail polish
works well too and most gun stores sell flouresent paint that you can put on the sights.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
I shoot mostly at an indoor range that is rather dark and have tried all sorts of colrs -red, orange, neon green, flourecsect green, yellow and white on front sights. By far the best for me is white and I use nail polish as it can easily be removed with nail polish remover. I also use clear nail polish to secure some loose screws instead to lock tite 'cause it's easy to remove! If you shoot mostly outdoors some to the folks here recommend flourescent green!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Most of the time we cover the vertical portion of the front sight with the white nail polish, but with a front ramp type sight mybe jut the top third or half of the ramp.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I only painted the front ramp, the top of the sight is still bare. It works fine for me but you
can always experiment and see what works best for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts