Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy

i was wondering if anybody cc's a model 66 with a four inch barrel and if so what is the best method ie. iwb owb? the reason i ask is i am probably getting one of these as my first handgun and was wodering what my options were when i get my ccw. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I plan to adopt my recently purchased 66B4 as my CC weapon, once I gain a bit more proficiency, as I currently carry a 1911 in a horizontal shoulder rig. I plan to use a vretical shoulder holster for the 66.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I carry a Rossi 971 4in. in a Tex Shoemaker OWB. No problems with shirt not tucked in. Also carry my pt1911 in a OWB. Do not like the feel of a IWB.

Reactions: Bruntson

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
A 4" barrel revolver is a bit long to carry IWB. OSW with a long shirt or a shoulder holster is good. For the last 3 years I carry a 3" revolver OSW when ever possible. Other wise I have a PT-709 in a ankle holster. If I am wearing shorts and a Tee shirt, you can bet that PT-709 is in my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Old post alert*** Wonder if he found a method.

Reactions: silverblackman

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have an 82B4, which is very close in size. I personally would not cc this gun, although it is my most favorite gun. My cc, is a 85UL, and I would buy the same gun again if I were remaking the choice. Why? Because it is light, and easy to conceal even in summer clothing. It is also much easier to get proficient with than many snubbie haters believe. They 605 is a great .357 version but it is also heavier for the carry. (My $0.02 worth) :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am expecting a 4" mdl. 65 tomorrow, to replace the one I lost to the pawn shop a year back. I used to carry mine in a Don Hume belt slide that was originally for a Ruger GP 100. It fit and carried well on this portly gentleman(lard ass) with an "Omar the Tent Maker" shirt. 2 or 3 HKS speed loaders in my left front pocket
rounded things out for me. YMMV depending on how you are built. I haven't owned a shoulder rig in decades, but think it would work well in one. Other than having fixed sights, I think the 65 is a twin to the 66. A small warning- you had best designate a drawer for holsters as your soon to be collection grows!.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts