Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All:
New to forum. I have an older Model 66 6 shot revolver. Took it out recently for the first time in a LONG time, and noticed what appears to be a crack in the frame between the cylinder and the trigger. May have been there last time I fired it and somehow I just didn't notice it when I was cleaning it. Question is: Is this a crack or a seam? Given the specific location I suspect the worst. Hopefully some of y'all that are more familiar with this model will confirm one way or the other. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
About 25 years ago I thought my inherited M84 had a crack. Same as yours. Took it to someone who looked at it for less than a second before pointing out how the sideplate fits these revolvers. My dad bought that gun new sometime between 1968 and 1970. I'd been shooting it since it was new. No clue why it took me almost 25 years to notice it.

Welcome from Cherokee County, Georgia.

CherokeeCounty.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Shoot that beautiful gun!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
OMG! Taurus is JUNK, I tell ya, pure JUNK! I'll do you a favor and give you 50 bucks for it just to get it off your hands. I'll add it to my other two 66s which have the same "defect". :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts