Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into a LGS on the way home and found this 66 round butt unfired in the box. It's a small store that has mostly Smith revolvers. He was practically giving this one away so it went home with me. All I can say is NICE! Does anyone know if there are any rubber grips that fit a round butt that has a letter prefix serial number or maybe if the Tyler t grip for Smith k frames will work. I have medium/large hands with long fingers and need a little bigger grip. Taurus website shows it was made in 1994. Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Smith hasn't really changed their K frame round butt over time. As far as I know it's the same today as it was 50 years ago. Anything marked K or L frame round butt will work. The Tyler T-Grip will work.

The default frame configuration has changed from square butt to round butt for the K frame. The vast majority are now round butt.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/3...sYnW6-fxZyhGawCvajgoCnK0_uSU1c1AaAt4LEALw_wcB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry this is a TAURUS 66 2 1/2" not a Smith. I was not clear at all. He mainly has Smith's but had this one taurus. Again sorry

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
You didn't post the picture wrong. There's some serious forum issues going on that's preventing pictures from posting, editing posts, and replying with quotes. They are working on it.

Oh, a TAURUS 66. Doesn't help that they use the same model numbers! I'm not sure about grips but there's got to be something...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I copied the link from Glens post and used Google Chrome. The image shows fine.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks I love this taurus 66. It would probably be the last or next to last gun I would ever part with. Too heavy for picket carry but does carry nicely I a owb holster. Nice trigger and 6 shots what's not to like

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
That's a classic looking, shoulder holster "detective", revolver. A faithful copy of a K frame model 19 snubby. Congrats on a rare find. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts