Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Model 64 used about three weeks ago. I ordered the necessary ammo from the internet as its so much cheaper than local sales. Once I shoot what I have, I'll reload the next batch.

Back to my question. I thought the wood grips were too large and was going to replace them with rubber, but found another site on the net last night that showed the proper way to hold a revolver (lots different than using my semi-autos. I tried the new way to grip this morning and it's really comfortable and accurate!

Whoops, back to the original subject. I looked a a Rossi blued .357 yesterday at Academy Sports and thought it looked familiar (didn't known Taurus owned them). One thing I liked better on the Rossi was the front sight with the light bar to gather light. Is there a way to put one of these sights on a Model 65? It would be an ideal revolver then! Thanks.

Dave :-\

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A good gunsmith could probably grind down the front sight and then make a dovetail to mount the fiber optic front sight in. Before you decide to go this route check how much it will cost as I don't think it will be cheap. Also, some people haven't had good luck with the fiber optic sights. I know that I haven't but thats me, you might have better luck.

Steelheart

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
A note about the Rossi line of revolvers. The firing pin is mounted to the hammer as in the older style of S&W. Some people say that's a bad thing. I don't really know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. I will check the cost of a front sight and I did not know about the firing pin on the Rossi. That could be a bummer if you ever do any dry firing.

Dave :)

·
32,582 Posts
Rossi revolvers have a safety bar block that comes between the hammer and the cartridge. Not a transfer bar system at all, but accidental discharge by hitting the hammer a blow will not happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts